Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Moshic

Re: CAPTCHA on website

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:00 pm

S3 Modern Family - English selected.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:08 pm

Great. I am going to test it. Have you been logged in, when you tried to download ? Did you experience captcha before ? If I understand, now you are in Captcha loop, no matter what you do.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:14 pm

I am not logged in, going here:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/downloa ... 7/season-3

I got message:
"You are trying download more than 100 subtitles in archive, which is not permitted. Reduce number of subtitles by reducing subtitle languages or episodes you need (subtitles: 101)", Which is OK, there is limit 100 subtitles in ZIP archive.

I didnt get any CAPTCHA. To solve the problem, respond to my questions.

Moshic

Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:18 pm

I got the 23ish files manually, instead of the season pack, and I've used SubDownloader for the last one, which I found out about at around the same time. Now it appears to be working, there's no CAPTCHA. Probably some timer passed, or my IP changed, since it's dynamic.
I made an account when I noticed I couldn't get the season pack. Now it appears to be working. Regardless, I didn't want all 101 subtitle formats, only the simple HDTV ones, but I understand if there's no way to select them individually. We've all gotta earn.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:19 pm

I banned myself on page, so I get CAPTCHA. I solved captcha (assemble pictures) and then I can use site normally, no more captcha. So I really dont know, how I can fix something, what is working here. Do you have cookies enabled ? Did you tried another browser?

oss
Site Admin

Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:29 pm

I wish one day I can fix this :) What bugs me is, when you are in Captcha loop, this shouldnt happen, simple like that.

Moshic

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:37 am

I wish one day I can fix this :) What bugs me is, when you are in Captcha loop, this shouldnt happen, simple like that.
Maybe I didn't solve them correctly, since they're very difficult. I think a simple numerical one or recaptcha would be more appropriate.

DawnBlue

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:37 pm

I got a problem with captcha today. I've never tried to download this many subs at once so never faced captcha here before but now I attempted to dl all the Finnish and rest as English subs for Dreamworks Dragons seasons 1 & 2. Got S1 already and after a few dls for S2 I got a captcha test.

What happened was I got to the captcha, and it had a checkbox with "I'm not a robot" (in Finnish, saying "En ole robotti"). I clicked the box and it showed the green okay mark (don't know what that is called in English). Didn't require me to solve anything or write any characters... and after it allowed me to submit without solving it I got returned to the last page and nothing had changed. This happened a few times; a very weird captcha that required only a checkbox click and returned be to the last page without starting download.

I didn't have an account on the website before, so I though that might help. I made an account, tried to download again, and sure enough the captcha popped up. This time I cliked the checkbox and the real captcha appeared asking me to choose all pictures containing the specified item (btw these were very unclear multiple times; large pictures made so small you can barely make out whats in them). However even after actually completing the captcha and submitting I'm still being looped back to the last page and not getting the downloads. I've done the captcha 5+ times now...

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:31 pm

DawnBlue, thanks for nice explanation. It is quite strange. Please try another browser. Also, send here URL (exactly), and then where you click on download button, so I can simulate problem.

kerremelk

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Hi,
he saw more than I did, that's for sure.
I was getting the under the dome episodes (dutch) when this captcha screen popped up, and the txt and green V mark were hit by me about five times with no result (I saw no true captcha image appear...), I then used the link to clear cookies/logged out/logged in and got the captcha question again (without visible image).
I then tried firefox (I had been using IE 11 in win 8.1 pro with update, secure mode browsing ticked on, java is up to date.) and in firefox I was able to get under the dome.

only moments ago I got subs without captcha pestering me, from within IE, so I cannot reproduce it.
My IE is set to forget temp pages, tho, so when I closed that, and with OS.org cookies cleared, it is understandable it again works. (when logged in/trusted, etc..

What the hell triggered this?
kind regards, JT

oss
Site Admin

Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:59 am

captcha is usually connected with IP address of client. Then in session we remember, that you pass captcha and it shouldnt show again anytime soon...

Elanelan

Re: IP Banned for SPAM (NOT TRUE)

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:54 pm

I have the same issue. I feel like an idiot that I have to fill this captcha shit all the time!
Even if was logged in the same day. This is more than ridiculous.

BTW: I have no issues with my IP on any other site in the whole internet, and I use many...

I hope this will finally be taken serious.

Elanelan

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:51 pm

Yes, Elanelan, of course this is taken seriously.
I wrote because this issue has been on and off for a long time now. I complained already more than a year ago.
My IP is from a major Scandinavian provider and thus in the same range like the IPs of countless other users.
Of course almost nobody takes the step to complain here and I guess many just use other sites instead.
Mainly I don't understand why you can not protect the site in an other way.

Hope it will be solved one day.

franchino87

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:47 pm

i need to put a captcha again, i did really nothing this time, i downloaded one subtitle, that's all

angeljs

Cannot download because of captcha

Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:08 pm

I registered for an account at opensubtitles.org and logged in. I've been downloading subtitles for Stargate Atlantis. I had no problems with the first season, but halfway through the second season I was faced with a captcha. I don't mind doing them occasionally as I understand the need for them, being a website owner myself. However, every time I completed the captcha successfully, I'm taken back to my download, but when I click on the download link, the captcha comes up again! It's doing this constantly so now I'm stuck not being able to download any more. Unless SA has over 200 episodes, I'm nowhere near my daily limit!

Return to “General talk”