Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

Re: CAPTCHA on website

Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:47 am

what is your IP ? Did you log in ?

Elanelan

Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:24 pm

Hello!
I suddenly get captcha requests when I want to download subs although I'm logged in.
I've frequently used the site for many years and I find that so annoying that have started to use other sites instead.
Why is that and how can I get rid of it?

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:23 pm

Hello!
I suddenly get captcha requests when I want to download subs although I'm logged in.
I've frequently used the site for many years and I find that so annoying that have started to use other sites instead.
Did you read the first post?

Elanelan

Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:43 am

Hello!
Did you read the first post?
Yes I did, but that doesn't make it less annoying to fill that captcha crap every time I want to download a simple subtitle.
I can't believe that it's not possible to find a better solution.

NYmovieGIRL

Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:03 am

The CAPTCHA isn't working with my computer! It just keeps making me redo the test but it also keeps showing me as entering correctly.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:21 pm

captcha is against bots and some IPs. it should ask user on first access, and then just sometimes (within same session, which last around 30 minutes).

Elanelan

Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:28 pm

captcha is against bots and some IPs. it should ask user on first access, and then just sometimes (within same session, which last around 30 minutes).
Sorry, but from my experience it doesn't work in the intended way. My IsP is a major Swedish provider and it's beyond me why they should be blocked.
Also I get the captcha requests more often than "just sometimes". Eventually there are other captcha systems which are much less annoying than the one used currently. For example this one: http://share-links.biz/?

popesnarkygoodfella

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Hail Eris!

Hi, I've been using the site for years, and while I do tend to keep myself logged in, I haven't d/l'ed anywhere near 200 subtitles in one day (or even just the past 24 hours). However, I'm still getting the endless "assemble" captchas. I'm a Linux Mint user, v. 15 olivia.

Snarky
Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working.

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Sorry, but from my experience it doesn't work in the intended way. My IsP is a major Swedish provider and it's beyond me why they should be blocked.
Also I get the captcha requests more often than "just sometimes". Eventually there are other captcha systems which are much less annoying than the one used currently. For example this one: http://share-links.biz/?

As far as i know, it works pretty much as planned. It might be a bit annoying but I think it is a pretty cheap "price"?

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:30 am

for somebody it shows up, for somebody else it doesnt. It show up for suspicious IPs, because those IPs are in some blacklist, also for TOR users and proxy. I will test it more, but in meantime all the people who got problem with those send me PM.

grimpr

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm

Hello, im using Subdownloader from SubDownloader.net for my movie downloads, as of yesterday i cant download automatically through the software as everytime i get the captcha page, please remove my ip from your black list since im a regular home user, thank you very much.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:47 am

guys, you can be regular home user and you your IP can be suspicious. We use different kind of list (IPs from which were send spams, malicious, tor and so on), so maybe you dont do anything bad, you are using ADSL with not static IP, and somebody else did something (even he doesnt need to know...virus etc), your IP was changed to his IP and you are there.

When happen this, much more better is to make account and always use username and password.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:53 am

it should work, if not, send me PM

morenop3

Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:45 pm

Q: All users are affected ?
A: Nope, not at all. There are just couple of thousands IPs affected, usually known proxies, TOR, spammers, harvesters and so on.
I fully understand your point but with this measure some users are likely giving up. Unfortunately around 35-40% of the Internet users are affected, not only a couple of thousands IPs. Moreover there are some devices, specifically mobile devices, which do not support Javascript/Flash.

Hope it helps!

Happy new year!

oss
Site Admin

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:10 am

thanks for info. according google analytics, the numbers for captcha are not so bad. Actually 0.40% of traffic is redirected there. Sorry, but when somebody use IP address used before for "not clear things such as spamming, malware distrubtion, robots...", must pass CAPTCHA.

Return to “General talk”