Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
samsamsam

Re: CAPTCHA on website

Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Hello @oss,

It is possible to change configuration of reCaptcha v2 configuration to be able to solve it without javascript enabled?

The information how to configure Google recaptcha to support users without javascript enabled can be found here https://developers.google.com/recaptcha ... pt-enabled
Does reCAPTCHA support users that don't have JavaScript enabled?

reCAPTCHA can only provide the optimal experience in terms of security and usability with JavaScript enabled. However, if supporting users who have disabled JavaScript is important for your site, you can enable the alternative challenge with the following steps. Navigate to the admin console and move the security preference slider to "easiest for users". Keep in mind that with this setting reCAPTCHA won't be able to use all of its security features.
This change will allow users without javascript to be able to resolve captcha. This will not affect users with javascript.

samsamsam

Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:00 am

Any answer please?

oss
Site Admin

Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:40 am

hi, try to use incognito mode, or different browser. that captcha is loading ok, just some of your extension is block it.

samsamsam

Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:44 am

Hello @oss,

Thanks for answer. But I not write about problem with reCAPTCHA on browser with javascript.
I asked you if you could change configuration of the reCAPTCHA to allow it resolving without javascript?

This could be done as follow:
Navigate to the admin console and move the security preference slider to "easiest for users".
Could you do this?

Regards,
SSS

oss
Site Admin

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:05 am

it is not possible to solve captcha without JS. You must be logged in and that could help. You are not trying to copy our website, right?

samsamsam

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:55 am

No. I am not trying to copy your site and I already wrote that login do not help.

Did you read my posts? There is possible to solve reCaptcha without javascript but you must allow this in reCaptcha configuration.

Please read reCaptcha documentation:
https://developers.google.com/recaptcha ... pt-enabled

Here you have a quote:
Does reCAPTCHA support users that don't have JavaScript enabled?

reCAPTCHA can only provide the optimal experience in terms of security and usability with JavaScript enabled. However, if supporting users who have disabled JavaScript is important for your site, you can enable the alternative challenge with the following steps. Navigate to the admin console and move the security preference slider to "easiest for users". Keep in mind that with this setting reCAPTCHA won't be able to use all of its security features.
My plugin is able to handle reCaptcha task in fallback mode and present reCaptcha task to end user to select valid pictures, but the reCaptcha widget must be configured to allow fallback mode.

garakuta

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 pm

(1) us visually impaired people don't do well with captchas

(2) Subtitles are easy to resize, and thus, I need them for EVERY PROGRAM I WATCH; I will sometimes geta couple of dozen at a time to catch up with my TV shows

(3) even your forum registration system is HORRID for visually impaired people! I had to have HELP just to #(*&$@*%#$ register jsut to post this *&%^%$# Bcomment!

(4) your captchas don't prevent jack shit; people can create multiple accounts and then mass-download via either scripts or apps with stolen (posted) API keys

So, you're not punishing ANYONE ... but your legitimate users who have disabilities.

Explain how that's fair to me, eh?

Why are you punishing me??

oss
Site Admin

Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:43 am

Hi,

nobody likes captcha. Please write us how we can solve this problem so people/bots can not stole the subtitles and in same time people with disabilities will be happy.

Thanks.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:00 am

I understand both sides. Unfortunately, captcha's are necessary. That's a fact, thanks to all abusers and destroyers our digital world created. But maybe the captcha's could be a bit more friendly user friendly. I am not visually impaired, but sometimes I am going crazy if I have to solve not one, but 11 (slow) pages with hardly visible traffic lights with a tiny bit going over the edge of another square, thinking whether it should be included or not. Or just trying to edit a forum post, and getting into a never ending "one more thing" loop of captcha's and I just end up give up. It is always a good idea to evaluate the balance between protection and user experience.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Holebear

Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:25 am

This happens all the time. All the time! I dont have any popup blocker and Im trying to access the site from several proxies. Anybody know why this is happening?

Also while Im here, why do we use recapcha and not capcha? Dont tell me its because its not secure enough, and there are plenty of options both more and less secure... Why do we as a community have to make sure that the FAGGOT Luis von Ahn continues to recieve his undeserved salary?

Otherwise ofc thanks alot for a great site and community!

oss
Site Admin

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:46 pm

hi,

try to login and maybe you will not receive so many captcha. Overall we dont like proxy, vpn and other stuff so much, because they are used for stealing the subtitles what we have.

register and login.

hugooliveira78

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Hi everybody! I have the same problem. I was downloading "The Black List - All 6 Series" subtitles (pt-pt), and suddenly at the 12 episode of the second serie, i started to deal with the CAPTCHA. The problem is that even with the login user made, i put the mark at "I´m not a robot", but the legend simply disappears after. I already made F5, logout and login, but in the past 2/3 days i keep trying to download the remaining legends (2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 season), and i can´t... :/

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

praecept0r

Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:23 pm

Same experiences. Captcha popping up out of nowhere. Subtitles not opening. Gets curioser and curioser. I ahve been a user here for decades already. Started like an oddball site, and so it continues. It's unfortunate, as the content is really the best.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:28 am

Hi guys,

sorry to hear your stories. If you experience this, please PM me your IP address, so I can have a better look. Captcha is supposed to block robots for leeching subtitles.

Also what should help is to CLOSE BROWSER, then open browser and then open PRIVATE window, log-in and then try download. If you get captcha, please send me URL, screenshot and your IP via PM. Then we can elaborate better.

marsnet100

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:15 pm

I get crazy about that CAPTCHA robot test! I can't get one sub without getting this test! No matter how many times I delete the cookies, I still get this test! Is there something to do about this? I get crazy about it!

OpenSubtitles.org Forum English General talk

CAPTCHA

Return to “General talk”