Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
led1957

Re: Upload errors here

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:03 am

I had to remove the lines that referred to other sites.The problem is now fixed.Thanks.

hywel

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Hi there, I'm trying to upload english subtitles for The Shaolin Drunk Monkey (1985) but I keep getting this error:

402 Subtitles has invalid format, validation failed for CD 1

I guess there could be some identical hearing impaired entries as before, could any mod/admin upload them for me? Here's the link.

Thanks for your time and help

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi there, I'm trying to upload english subtitles for The Shaolin Drunk Monkey (1985) but I keep getting this error:

402 Subtitles has invalid format, validation failed for CD 1

I guess there could be some identical hearing impaired entries as before, could any mod/admin upload them for me? Here's the link.

Thanks for your time and help

Done:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... ng-quan-en

hywel

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:53 pm

Thank you very much, SimplyTheBOSS.

RallBauer1
Subtitles Admin

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:26 pm

IMDB ID is invalid ...

pls increase the imdb limit to 8.000.000

oss
Site Admin

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:52 pm

yes, done. updating...

LouisCyphre01

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:25 am

Hi there, I'm trying to upload hungarian subtitle for "Ghosthouse (La casa 3)" but always get this error message:
"unsupported subtitle format for CD 1. Only srt, sub, smi, txt and ssa formats are supported B "
...try everything, save as utf-8, unicode, etc, but nothing...
here is the subtilte:

http://www90.zippyshare.com/v/U8rMdMw2/file.html

LouisCyphre01

Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:44 am

Okay, fixed it, thanks. :)

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:31 am

good :)

T-G

Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Been trying to update/correct my original subtitles to Smart Girl here

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... rt-girl-en

But every time I get "we already have Smart Girl subtitles" and nothing happens each time. Tried using different browsers and also checking the Delete box, but that just disables things and if it try to upload the subs as a new file I get the same message. Not helpful. What am I doing wrong?

I've update many previous subs here without probs.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:14 pm

I understand you are doing this when logged in, and using the update feature, right?

In that error line "We already have it as blabla.srt" the part "blabla.srt" is a link.
When you click that link, where does it go, what is the location?

Btw, I see a v3, uploaded today (June 24).
You are trying to upload a version FOUR?
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

T-G

Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:07 am

It's okay. Just download the file again from here and see it IS the corrected version. Which is okay. :)
No, I haven't tried to upload a version 4, but I've tried a dozen times over the last 24 hours to u/l a V2.
And now it seems it's there! Perhaps it takes a day or so to update the database?

Anyway, it's done now. Good.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:43 am

To be honest, with update versions I am not sure how it works or how it should be. Lately I have seen some flaws.

But very often (and also here) system cache may be involved - then the trick is just waiting.
I have also seen very mysterious cases where it all came down to browser cache.

But okay - solved :)
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

WibblyWobbly

Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi!
Hope I'm in the right place.

I am part of a French sub team and we would like to complete the list of subtitles for the TV show Doctor Who (the classic one). We saw that somebody allready uploaded a bunch of them and we want to make available all that we have so far.
But we had some issues we can't figure out how to solve.
First of all, there is different versions of the videos and we have been unable to post them as different versions. They are all in the same place, as you can see here for example:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/fr/subtit ... tioners-fr
Secondly, when we want to upload some of them, because of mistakes made, we can't because it states that they are allready existing, and provides a link like this one : https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... -museum-fr

We tried both the web form and the app, and both give the same answer, that they have already a subtitle for this respective versions.

I guess there is an easy way to uplaod new versions, but on a page like this:https://www.opensubtitles.org/fr/subtit ... -museum-fr , I can't see any place to do it.

Thanks for your help!

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:00 am

First of all, there is different versions of the videos and we have been unable to post them as different versions. They are all in the same place, as you can see here for example:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/fr/subtit ... tioners-fr
You uploaded those files together. You can now use the "split" feature (right above the text with the title "Doctor Who sous-titres Français S02E30"). It will split the subs into individual pages. Make sure that you have the correct IMDb ID before you do the split. The resulting pages will have the same IMDb ID and release names extracted from the subtitle file name.

And in general, you can upload under the generic IMDb ID for Doctor Who - it doesn't need to be the episode specific ID. But in order for this to work, the file names should have the correct season and episode numbering in it, in a format like for example S02E30. And obviously, the numbering should exist and match. Note that in your example the numbering is probably a bit too cryptic (63_-_2x8-1) for the system to recognize.
Secondly, when we want to upload some of them, because of mistakes made, we can't because it states that they are allready existing, and provides a link like this one : https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... -museum-fr

We tried both the web form and the app, and both give the same answer, that they have already a subtitle for this respective versions.

I guess there is an easy way to uplaod new versions, but on a page like this:https://www.opensubtitles.org/fr/subtit ... -museum-fr , I can't see any place to do it.
If you want to upload a corrected version of the same subtitle (same episode, but also same release/synchronisation) you can (should) use the update feature. Click the link "Corriger des données inexactes" and then "mise à jour".

The error and the link about a subtitle already existing is the system's protection against duplicates - even if it involves a subtitles which was disabled. In such case, make sure 1. you are logged in and 2. the subtitle file is (slightly) different than the disabled one.

Return to “General talk”