Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: uploading problem

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:04 pm

Hi there again
As i said i cant upload an srt subtitle but i get the message: Unsupported subtitle format for CD 1. Only srt, sub, smi, txt and ssa formats are supported B, allthough the subtitle is srt. I wish someone to take a look to the subtitle via AnyDesk or TeamViewer (that is if i dont ask for too much). If anyone wants to help my mail is [email protected] so anyone wanting to help send me a message and arrange the hour for that. If are any mistakes in my message forgive me, it is my first time in a forum. Thanks again.
You can upload the subtitle here : https://myfile.org
Then post the link here, so we can see the subtitle.

Nanneta

uploading problem

Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:43 pm

I hope i did right. If not please show me my error

oss
Site Admin

Re: Upload errors here

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:02 am

Hi

you can send me PM and send me that file. Usually it can be it contains some URL which is not allowed.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi

you can send me PM and send me that file. Usually it can be it contains some URL which is not allowed.
It's already solved, the problem was url that had in the subtitle.

steve_d

Thu May 03, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi. Been trying to upload subs for "Because Of You (1952)" over the last two days. Got it uppped once but the title just showed square brackets without text. Have tried to delete and re-upload, but just get a message that there is already subs for that file. so I cannot try again. Can you please activate it by putting the name in the brackets (easiest) or just delete it so I can upload again. thnx.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Thu May 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Hi. Been trying to upload subs for "Because Of You (1952)" over the last two days. Got it uppped once but the title just showed square brackets without text. Have tried to delete and re-upload, but just get a message that there is already subs for that file. so I cannot try again. Can you please activate it by putting the name in the brackets (easiest) or just delete it so I can upload again. thnx.
Done.

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... -of-you-en

steve_d

Thu May 03, 2018 7:28 pm

Thanks. :)

_Raiden

Fri May 04, 2018 10:04 pm

Hello there. I've tried to upload a subtitle with .smi extension and it says that it's "unsupported file", although the site accepts that particular format. Why is that?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri May 04, 2018 11:56 pm

That error is not exactly covering everything.

The reason could be one of these:
- The file contains fatal syntax errors,
- The file contains machine translation specific text, for example HTML code like "& apos;" or italic tags with a capital i,
- The file contains spam specific text, like the URL of a site selling bedroom drugs or providing subtitles.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

T-G

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:32 pm

Posted Eng subs here yesterday for this movie

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... gs-west-en

They ARE here on the site, but they don't show up in the search at all.
I have tried to re-upload, but without luck. Can you fix?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:12 pm

They ARE here on the site, but they don't show up in the search at all.
I have tried to re-upload, but without luck. Can you fix?
At the moment there is some problem on the web site: all subtitles posted on July 3rd exist, but are (almost fully) invisible.
We have submitted a bug report and hopefully the coder is working hard to resolve the problem asap.

For the moment, no need to do anything, please do not try to re-upload. Just be patient.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Nanneta

Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:43 am

Upload errors here
On Monday i uploaded a subtitle for Robin and the 7 hood. Since next morning till now i don't find it no matter how i search (IMDB number, name of the movie, my uploads). Admin said may be o problem with my browser but i tried with both chrome and Firefox and there is the same problem to both. I don’t think admin is interesting on the subject and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Nanneta

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:48 am

O.K. Problen fixed

firerm
Subtitles Admin

Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:14 pm

nanneta_2.png
nanneta_2.png (27.59 KiB) Viewed 9422 times
Upload errors here
On Monday i uploaded a subtitle for Robin and the 7 hood. Since next morning till now i don't find it no matter how i search (IMDB number, name of the movie, my uploads). Admin said may be o problem with my browser but i tried with both chrome and Firefox and there is the same problem to both. I don’t think admin is interesting on the subject and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?
" I don’t think admin is interesting on the subject "

well, I Did response to you about the problem, I said that, I saw the sub and in the search ! You said that You don't see anything and if its good to re-upload - I SAID NO because it will be fix ... so it's fixed now isn't ?

Sometimes Nanneta must to wait as @smallbrother said above.
https://[URL removed by SmallBrother]/

T-G

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:35 pm

At the moment there is some problem on the web site: all subtitles posted on July 3rd exist, but are (almost fully) invisible.
We have submitted a bug report and hopefully the coder is working hard to resolve the problem asap.

For the moment, no need to do anything, please do not try to re-upload. Just be patient.
Okay, see the issue is fixed now. Thnx.

Return to “General talk”