Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

Re: Upload errors here

Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:44 am

I can set up, that for trusted member or so will antispam filter turned off. For which ranks do you want to turn it off ?

explosiveskull

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:53 am

I can set up, that for trusted member or so will antispam filter turned off. For which ranks do you want to turn it off ?
That's a good idea. I think we can implement that for "Trusted" and up, but the final decision is yours obviously.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:10 pm

I think thats a good idea. And it will avoid a lot of posts in this topic ;-)
I would say to turn it off for
- Trusted
- Sub Translators
- Admins

Mind you, in the past many Trusted users got their badge a bit too easy. No idea who gave it to them :-P Still, I think its better this way, let's see how it goes. If it's getting out of hand, maybe reverse it for Trusted. Sub Translator badge is relatively new, so that should be okay for sure. But let's see.

And/or... maybe just turn it off for some specific users.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

GhostRider1977

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi,
I tried upload "Family Guy, Season 18, Episode 5, "Cat Fight", Sub-ITA", but I see this error "Subtitle was already present in the database". What could i do?

Here is the file:
https://www11.zippyshare.com/v/NEF2dOBO/file.html

Thanks in advance

oss
Site Admin

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:27 am

Hi,

you can click on link in this error message to find the duplicate.

GhostRider1977

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:47 am

Hi,

you can click on link in this error message to find the duplicate.
Ok. The problem has been perfectly fixed.
Thanks a lot.

nineko

Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:38 am

Hello, I know this section of the forum is about English subtitles, but I am having a technical problem, so I hope I can get some assistance from someone.

I downloaded many subtitles from your websites, and for the first time I wanted to upload something. I made an Italian translation of an episode of a tv show, and I tried to upload the srt, but I get an error of wrong format, even though it's literally a text file, I didn't change the numbers or the timestamps, I merely translated the text. How is that possible? Can I upload the srt somewhere else (e.g. pastebin) and ask a senior user to review it?

Thanks in advance. Best regards.
Last edited by scooby007 on Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved post to relevant topic.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:08 pm

Hello, I know this section of the forum is about English subtitles, but I am having a technical problem, so I hope I can get some assistance from someone.

I downloaded many subtitles from your websites, and for the first time I wanted to upload something. I made an Italian translation of an episode of a tv show, and I tried to upload the srt, but I get an error of wrong format, even though it's literally a text file, I didn't change the numbers or the timestamps, I merely translated the text. How is that possible? Can I upload the srt somewhere else (e.g. pastebin) and ask a senior user to review it?

Thanks in advance. Best regards.
Upload subtitle somewhere.
Then post the link here, so we can see the subtitle.

You can get that error if subtitle
Contains machine translation specific text, for example HTML code like "& apos;" or italic tags with a capital i,
Contains spam specific text, like the URL.

nineko

Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:43 pm

http://pastebin.com/M0vVMx0S

It's not a machine translation, let me explain.

My girlfriend is a fan of Riverdale, but episodes 4x11 and 12 have no Italian subtitles, and unlike me she doesn't like to read English, so I translated 11 for her. At that point, she finetuned the translation to be in line with the tone of the show (e.g. characters cursing, nicknames), and we thought to upload it for everyone to enjoy, so I created an account over here, but I got the aforementioned error.

There are 3 places with more than 2 lines (one of them is the translation of a really long on-screen text, two of them are asterisks with explanations of obscure things), and I only kept the two links to opensubtitles itself, so I didn't want to spam anything. I wrote my name in color, but I borrowed that from the original srt, too.

I would like to translate 4x12 as well; furthermore, she told me there are other shows without Italian subtitles, and since I actually like to translate things, I looked forward to become an active contributor on this place. Unless I'm doing it wrong and I shouldn't bother.

Best regards.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:36 pm

http://pastebin.com/M0vVMx0S

It's not a machine translation, let me explain.

My girlfriend is a fan of Riverdale, but episodes 4x11 and 12 have no Italian subtitles, and unlike me she doesn't like to read English, so I translated 11 for her. At that point, she finetuned the translation to be in line with the tone of the show (e.g. characters cursing, nicknames), and we thought to upload it for everyone to enjoy, so I created an account over here, but I got the aforementioned error.

There are 3 places with more than 2 lines (one of them is the translation of a really long on-screen text, two of them are asterisks with explanations of obscure things), and I only kept the two links to opensubtitles itself, so I didn't want to spam anything. I wrote my name in color, but I borrowed that from the original srt, too.

I would like to translate 4x12 as well; furthermore, she told me there are other shows without Italian subtitles, and since I actually like to translate things, I looked forward to become an active contributor on this place. Unless I'm doing it wrong and I shouldn't bother.

Best regards.
This is what was preventing the upload :
Advertise your product or brand here
I deleted these lines and was able to upload

Subtitle uploaded and moved to your account :
https://www.opensubtitles.org/pt/subtit ... iz-show-it

nineko

Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:08 pm

Thanks. Those lines were part of the original srt (in fact, they are part of ALL the subtitles I download from here), so I thought they were mandatory per your standards or something.

I am unhappy to see that someone already complained about that srt, but that's life.

Best regards.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:51 pm

Thanks. Those lines were part of the original srt (in fact, they are part of ALL the subtitles I download from here), so I thought they were mandatory per your standards or something.

I am unhappy to see that someone already complained about that srt, but that's life.

Best regards.
When I uploaded the subtitle it was in txt format.
I already updated the file to .srt.

Sorry about that.

suadnovic

Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:07 am

I have one question about appearance of titles in list of uploaded subtitles.
After upload, it isn't immediately on my list, then it appears for same time, and then again disappear, like now with subtitle for Return of the Gunfighter (1967). What problem is it?

explosiveskull

Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:41 am

I have one question about appearance of titles in list of uploaded subtitles.
After upload, it isn't immediately on my list, then it appears for same time, and then again disappear, like now with subtitle for Return of the Gunfighter (1967). What problem is it?
If you're trying in the morning, you might have bumped into the backup/restore process which is done every morning. It takes about 1 hour and during the process the subtitles which were uploaded less than a day ago will disappear from the lists and reappear again, but the links to the subtitles will still work fine, only lists will be affected for 1 hour.

suadnovic

Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:09 pm

Thanks for explanation.

Return to “General talk”