Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

Re: Upload errors here

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:41 am

hm, it is working here. Admins, you can try, I added also some more debug data for you

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:55 am

hm, it is working here. Admins, you can try, I added also some more debug data for you
Tested and it doesn't work.
More info sent via pm.

[EDIT] Should work now.

brunetton

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi,

This is my first try to contribute; and I feel a little confused here.
I'm trying to upload this srt subtitle file:
https://nopaste.xyz/?53879f411bbca5ca#f ... wrTJbYQQQ=

This file seems ok to me in a text editor, and ok to three subtitles editors I tried.

But when trying to upload it, I'm stucked with the error message who says that it's not in a recongnized format.

What's wrong with this file ?

Thanks

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:31 pm

The last line has an invalid number (9999) and the text in that line contains a spam URL.
Completely delete that last line 9999 and I think you can upload without problem.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

brunetton

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:50 pm

THanks for your answer.
As a dev (this is my job); I can't resist to ask: doesn't be possible that the web interface says a correct error message ? Like "File parsing error: Not valid line number : '9999' at line 2622" ? I can imagine that if the website reject the file, a kind of parsing with checks should have been done ? I can't see any reasons then why the error can't be raised to the end user. Don't you think ?

Thanks !

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:44 pm

I almost totally agree.
If you are a developer of web site implementations, I'm sure you can think of a reason ;-)
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

brunetton

Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:57 pm

I wanted to have a look and propose a first step fix, but I can't find the website source code anywhere. Is the source code available somewhere ?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Thank you, but no need.
The source code of the web site is not available.

brunetton

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:53 pm

"no need" ? It seems that there's need here indeed.
As you want, if you prefer to answer to dozens of people that do not understand those false error messages, it's up to you !

I'll give my time to open source projects.

Thanks for your answers, this subtitle is now uploaded.

ismail0100

Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:14 pm

I want to upload samurai jack season pack.
Rar not agreed. So I choose all subtitles. First season uploaded correct but season 2 and season 3 not.
Season 2 ep 7 to 13 upladed wrong place and season 3 ep 9 to 13 uploaded wrong place. I try to change place but i did not. My username same ismail0100

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:27 pm

I want to upload samurai jack season pack.
Rar not agreed. So I choose all subtitles. First season uploaded correct but season 2 and season 3 not.
Season 2 ep 7 to 13 upladed wrong place and season 3 ep 9 to 13 uploaded wrong place. I try to change place but i did not. My username same ismail0100

Read this:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2595

led1957

Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:34 pm

I have uploaded several subtitles for Inspector Morse.https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearc ... ie-14240.I try to upload the 4th episode of the 6th season but I get "Unsupported subtitle format for CD 1. Only srt, sub, smi, txt and ssa formats are supported B ".I know the file is in srt format.It is ANSI encoded.I always encode them the same way.Can you tell me if I am doing something wrong?Thanks in advance.

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:30 am

I have uploaded several subtitles for Inspector Morse.https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearc ... ie-14240.I try to upload the 4th episode of the 6th season but I get "Unsupported subtitle format for CD 1. Only srt, sub, smi, txt and ssa formats are supported B ".I know the file is in srt format.It is ANSI encoded.I always encode them the same way.Can you tell me if I am doing something wrong?Thanks in advance.

We are not clairvoyants...
Before posting:
- We need to see the subtitle which causing the problem so upload it somewhere. There are plenty of free services for that purpose.
- Add a link to your post where we can download the subtitle.

led1957

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:55 am

I hope this is what you meant and I will not violate any rules.If it is not pls be more specific as to how can I post a link.ty.

[EDIT] SimplyTheBOSS Link to another subtitle site removed

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:13 am

I hope this is what you meant and I will not violate any rules.If it is not pls be more specific as to how can I post a link.ty.

[EDIT] SimplyTheBOSS Link to another subtitle site removed

Remove line 10 and try again.

Return to “General talk”