Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Aaron_0105

New Download Zip Or Exe?

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:20 am

Hi, what's the go with the new download tool that ha been installed?
Instead of the old choice of either a zip folder and the other one (It escapes me now which one it was, cos the zip is what I chose), Story goes I searched for some subs and when it came to downloading them i was presented with one choice only. Fair enough, I've downloaded hundreds of subtitles from here no problem, I can trust them. After all that i play my movie and the subtitles are slightly out.No worries I say I'll get another file. Here lies my problem. I can't download any other ones. I click on the link that says download and make sure the little box underneath it is ticked.
No joy?
Why? Can it be fixed? Can i get my subtitles for my movie? Yes I have tried other files for different movies too and still the same result?
Why did it have to be changed? if it ain't broke, don't touch it.

oss
Site Admin

Re: New download feature

Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:05 pm

please send screenshot why you can not download other subtitles? It writes some message, or ?

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:43 am

I click on the link that says download and make sure the little box underneath it is ticked.
No joy?
Don't tick that box. The box is ticked by default. Un-check that box and try again. That should work.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Also that box should not display so often anymore...

Aaron_0105

Re: New Download Zip Or Exe?

Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:00 am

Hi, sorry for the long delay but matters forced me elsewhere at the time and then after that i simply forgot.
My apologies.
Right, i un-checked that default box and it still won't work.
I have included the screen shot and as you can see it it still says download instead of a choice and i still can't download it.

Any suggestions?

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:04 am

Uncheck "the opensubtitles download manager" box and click "download" button

It should work, at least it works for me.

jcdr

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Aaron_0105, the links are javascript so the problem might be with your browser config.

First, check that you have javascript enabled: type 'about:config' in Firefox address bar,
then search 'javascript.enabled' and check that it is set to 'true' (if not, double-click on the line).

Then please click and report the following:
http://dl.opensubtitles.org/en/download/subb/4882156 : does it correctly download the file with .exe extension?
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... ub/4882156 : does it correctly download the file with .zip extension?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:11 am

as you can see it it still says download instead of a choice
And just to be clear, unchecking the checkbox "Use Opensubtitles Download Manager" does not add a second button or so to choose. Everything looks the same (no "choice"), just the behaviour of the Download button changes (downloading .zip instead of .exe). Don't be fooled by that and just click the button. If that doesn't work, the two links jcdr provided above should always work, i.e. also without javascript. Let us know what happened.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Aaron_0105

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:48 am

Hi all, i did as you suggested and the line did say it was "true" already.
Here's a screen shot of the line highlighted.

And understood about the checkbox not changing.
The .exe link works but the .zip one doesn't. i get taken to the mkv player download page. I'm not sure on how to use the .exe on to be honest. I've always used the.zip files. To me they've always been the easiest option. Old fashioned? Probably, but if it ain't broke....
Oh and i still can't download any .zip files on any movie yet.

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:52 am

The .exe link works but the .zip one doesn't. i get taken to the mkv player download page. I'm not sure on how to use the .exe on to be honest. I've always used the.zip files. To me they've always been the easiest option. Old fashioned? Probably, but if it ain't broke....
Apparently, you haven't been logged in when you are trying to download? Log in and try again...

Or try to click "clicking here":

:wink:

jcdr

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:28 am

Ok, so it's not javascript. Try again http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... ub/4882156, the 'Open Subtitles MKV player' page opens, then the .zip download should start few seconds after. If it does not, try Internet Explorer, is it the same ?

Aaron_0105

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Apparently, you haven't been logged in when you are trying to download? Log in and try again...

Or try to click "clicking here":

:wink:
Rightio. Well it turns out that I'm blind and didn't see the manual "Click here" link. Thanks for that, it worked.
I tried another movie, "Planes" and I did log out and log in again and it still won't download. It won't take me to mkv player page either. That's in firefox though.
It did work in Internet explorer! Boy i forgot how slow I.E was. I suppose I'll just have to use that from now on to get my subtitles. Small price to pay i suppose.

BrT

Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:13 pm

When I try to download a subtitle (eg. http://www.opensubtitles.org/nl/subtitl ... erhosen-nl ) and press the gray download button the site serves me a Binary file (lillyhammer-pack-yout-lederhoser-dut-5521492.exe) (size 314 KB) from http://zilliontoolkitusa.info. This is on Windows 7U both in Chrome and Firefox. Also on Vista Ult with Chrome.

On a iPad the site serves an .zip.

oss
Site Admin

Tue May 27, 2014 3:07 am

thanks for report, please try now.

if problem persist, please send here HTTP REQUEST HEADERS.

Return to “General talk”