Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Falcon

[Iron Man 2] Howard Stark's introductory speech

Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:10 pm

I searched OpenSubtitles.org and checked almost all of the subtitles available and found that Howard Stark's first speech (01:13:19 - 01:14:00 — "You've been give security clearance ... ") in Iron Man 2 is not subtitled at all. I was going to add them to a subtitle file that I have and upload it, but I cannot understand what he is saying at some places. (I am not a native English speaker.) Here is what I was able to note down. The parts I don't get are highlighted:
You're been given security clearance 616. 01:13:21

As you are now well aware … 01:13:22
anything you hear from this point forward is strictly confidential. 01:13:27

The fate of the world maybe even universe is literally un?stick?. 1:13:32

Starting project … to the Manhattan project 1:13:35
And into today with developments such as telegraphs and arc reactor technology 1:13:39

I've put this company 1:13:42
At the forefront of protecting the citizens in this nation 1:13:45
and the planet 1:13:46

As a Stark Industries employee you've been a part of my team, 1:13:50
helping me in this fight. 1:13:52

But now you're part of 1:13:54
an even more select group 1:13:55

This security clearance brings the best of helping to find civilian engineering 1:14:00
Can anyone help me with this? (I couldn't find a YouTube link to this part, otherwise I would have posted one.)

Return to “General talk”