Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

Tell us your suggestions to site

Mon May 08, 2006 8:50 am

Hello,

we are finishing v0.2 version of main site, there will be some improvements. But we want know your opinion, so tell us what you miss and you like to see. We have our plans too, but we want know your suggestions.

Thanks.

ricardojrm

Tue May 09, 2006 5:04 pm

IMDB ID on main search form
Request page :oops:

oss
Site Admin

Tue May 09, 2006 5:29 pm

IMDB ID on main search form
Request page :oops:
IMDB ID on main search form is...problem :) I wish keep main page simple as possible. But I have suggestion: try write imdbid in url bar in your browser - thats on main page too :) example: http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/imdbid-41610

Request page v.0001 is 80% done :)

anything else ?

ricardojrm

Tue May 09, 2006 6:32 pm

notify fake [ 15X = banned ] :?:

oss
Site Admin

Wed May 10, 2006 8:18 am

what do you exactly mean with that ?

red2thebones

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:44 am

Hi there,
Just registered today, must say I'm quite impressed with the work you guys have done and the plans you have. My suggestion is for a "Guide" or "FAQ" page, perhaps a sticky post in the forum, where we can provide some infos or tutorial on downloading, using subtitles, this would probably help to keep things a little more tidy around the forums, as there would be less "please help" posts from newbies.
Regards,

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:43 am

hi red2bones,

as I am finishing site right now, good FAQ and guide is important too. I know some features are quite (some are deep:) hidden and some JS help popup window should help.
FAQ page have to be rewritten, better optimized and so on. If someone will find time with help me with this (ot: which FAQ you wanna see:), I will be glad.

d4rko

Re: Tell us your suggestions to site

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:21 pm

Hello,

we are finishing v0.2 version of main site, there will be some improvements. But we want know your opinion, so tell us what you miss and you like to see. We have our plans too, but we want know your suggestions.

Thanks.
Isnt there an option to fill requests?

It would be nice. Also if we can get an email when our request is filled would be superb.

Another cool feature would be when you make a search and you don't find any coincidence, a "make request" button, that automatically could do an imdb search (to find the imdb reference), is displayed.

Great site.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:49 pm

d4rko - did you tried? Request is on the site since v0.2, so try login, try search something, if nothing is found, click on "add new request", when you click, imdb search is done...so it works exactly, like you wrote. It isn't great?:)

Ahm, and I forget the mail. Yes, that works too :) When request is filled, you get mail...

enjoy and spread the site m8

d4rko

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:20 pm

Oh mate, I feel a bit dumb because I can´t find that "add new request" button. :D

Please let me know where is it. Im burning with the mistery.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:12 pm

Oh mate, I feel a bit dumb because I can´t find that "add new request" button. :D
hm, strange. Try click http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search2 ... id-slo,cze and I hope you will find that LINK somewhere :)

when you are not logged, it will write, login, and request with imdb list is printed...I think this is ideal :)

d4rko

Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:20 am

hm, strange. Try click http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search2 ... id-slo,cze and I hope you will find that LINK somewhere :)

when you are not logged, it will write, login, and request with imdb list is printed...I think this is ideal :)
Ok, I think I see the problem. In your link I see perfectly the add new request button but when the search is done and the engine finds a similar result ( a common word usually) it displays several movies and it doesnt display the option of adding a new request.

Click this:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search2 ... uageid-all

Hope it is of help.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:11 pm

I see your point now. I have solution for you - when you get too much results, try using Advanced search, for example "Fulltext using AND" - That means every word typed in search query must be present in result. As you can see on http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search2 ... tuseand-on nothing is found, and when you click on link "add new request" everything is fine as it should be :) OK, in ideal, when only one movie is found in imdb, imdb id should be filled :) but thats really detail and I will not fix it yet :)

d4rko

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:30 pm

It can't be so tough to implement the "add new request" button anyway if non exact results are found. I think it is a nice feature.

Anyway, thanks for the site. I like it a lot, and I hope it gets stablished as a reference.

Patejl

Size of video files

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:23 pm

I think the great improvement would be if the size of video files is shown on some visible place next to other subtitles information. Besides the name of film it's the most important identificator.

When I'm deciding which site to look for subtitles first I prefer the ones which show the video size!

Return to “General talk”