Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Jackel585

How to display subtitles without a video loaded

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:09 am

I am hearing impaired so I am forced to use subtitle/captions. My issue though is that much of Netflix (especially UK shows) do not have subtitles uploaded. I am looking for a way for my computer to run the subtitles over the top of Netflix in my browser. I've messed around with a bunch of software but all of it either brings up the subtitles for editing, or needs a video playing to display them. I am just looking for a way to display the subtitles without a video loaded.

So does anyone know of any software that basically lets you "test" subtitles without a video to see if they are properly displaying? I figure if I just force that program to the top with a transparent background on the text, it should work beautifully.

Thanks in Advance.

Jackel585

Re: How to display subtitles without a video loaded

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:37 am

Just an update, in regards specifically to Netflix, I found out that you can load custom DFXP files into it. So I have been attempting various means of converting SRT files into DFXP and they do load, but they won't display. I found software that will do it for a Mac (the DFXP conversion for Netflix, not just displaying subtitles), but nothing for PC.

Alright, another update.... I got it working by using a site that e-mails your the appropriate conversion so you can attach it to directly to your Netflix stream. The issue there though is that it doesn't give me an option to sync it correctly if it is off. However between Hulu, Network websites, and the occasional DVD it doesn't help obviously. I used to have (about 7 years ago or so) software meant for song lyrics for Karaoke that just threw up the Lyrics over the top of whatever you had (so you could put your own videos/pictures/whatever as a background). I don't remember the name but I can't believe that software like that isn't still around.

Jackel585

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:42 am

Giving it a shot right now. I've been doing okay using this Java built SRT - DFXP converter then just loading them into Netflix. The problem is takes forever to correct timing and other issues that many files have since I have to edit them without video in one piece of software and then re-convert, re-name, re-load. This should be perfect.

showboxmovies

Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:19 pm

is it possible, i was facing many problems like this with netlfix app. I also waste my one month paid subscription and move toward -censored- because it was free

Return to “General talk”