Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Sekhmet

Help with X-Men3 Subtitles (.avi torrent download)

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:58 am

Hey everyone...... Am a newbie to the scene, :oops: however badly need to know how I can attach these subtitles which I have downloaded ( http://www.opensubtitles.org/subtitles/3080695 ) which are in .srt format (whatever that is...remember that I'm stupid at this stage!) with a copy 'X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)'which I have downloaded from torrentspy.com (aXXo rip, comes in an.avi file format).
The reason for my apparent stupidity is a). the only guide I've seen so far requires you to use DVDDecripter (which i can't imagine using for a movie I've downloaded, as I dont want to burn it onto a precious cd until I've got the subtitles attached to it) , and b). because I use Nero to burn (My dear, dear Nero.......)
Can anyone give me a simple guide here with the movie I have, the format it's in and the resources that I have? thanx!!
Goddess Sekhmet :wink:

Worst

Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:26 pm

the only guide I've seen so far requires you to use DVDDecripter
Your movie is *.avi, so there's no reason to use DVD Decrypter

Just put the movie file and the subtitle file in the same folder, both with the same name, e.g.
X-Men.The.Last.Stand.PROPER.DVDRip.XviD-DoNE.ENG.avi
X-Men.The.Last.Stand.PROPER.DVDRip.XviD-DoNE.ENG.srt
(you're doin' this to prevent problems with viewing subs in different software or DVD players)

...and burn it

Sekhmet

Help again...

Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:56 am

Ok, well have changed the name of the .srt file and have put it in folder with .avi movie.... only prob now is the actual burning. When I try and burn dvd-Video with nero, I can only add video files..... don't know what way I am supposed to burn the movie so that the .srt file can be included with it... any ideas? should I be burning a data cd or something? help! :oops:

skurakai

Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:05 am

You will make DVD video from your AVi files? Use programs: Avi2Dvd (freeware) or VSO DivxToDVD (old shereware) or VSO Software ConvertXtoDVD (new trial version).

Edit: These programs convert your srt subtitles into your new DVD video.
Last edited by skurakai on Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daumaster

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:51 pm

Pl burn the DVD as a data file, with the movie file & subtitle file in the same folder. Movie name & subtitle file names are to be same for viewing subtitles in Media Player Classic. For playing in BSPLayer, subtitle file name may be different.

giannid

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:53 pm

Like was said, you should burn the files to disk using data mode. However, you will need to have a DVD player that plays Divx or Xvid files.

Worst

Re: Help again...

Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:15 pm

OK, maybe you just don't understand a difference between DVD-video and data (avi, srt...) disc
only prob now is the actual burning. When I try and burn dvd-Video with nero, I can only add video files..... don't know what way I am supposed to burn the movie so that the .srt file can be included with it...
You can burn data disc (on cd, dvd... doesn't matter). Same folder and same name (doesn't mean that there must be a folder). Then you can watch your movie with subs in any software like BS Player etc. or on external DVD Player with DivX support. You have to understand, that *.srt subtitles are external text file (they are not "included") and they are shown on the screen because your video player is able to work with that external file.

You are not able to burn your *.avi/*.srt as DVD-video disc. ...OK, if you'll convert *.avi file with special software to DVD, but then you'll have only the movie without subs, because you can't add *.srt subtitles into DVD-video disc structure.

Return to “General talk”