Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
mytonpadi

how to burn Prerendered subtitles

Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:46 am

is there a software out there that can make prerender subtitles instead of hardsubbing them to a DVD? If so, can I play the DVD with prerendered subtitles to a stand-alone player?

Exhibit_dk

Re: how to burn Prerendered subtitles

Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:51 am

is there a software out there that can make prerender subtitles instead of hardsubbing them to a DVD? If so, can I play the DVD with prerendered subtitles to a stand-alone player :?: :?:
[/code]

Hello

If you by that mean "switchable" subs like on a dvd, there is several tools available. I personally use AviSub

http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAviSub.html

which works about 90% of the time on my standalone DivX player.

If you need to convert to DVD with switchable subtitles, the best tool I have used so far is ConvertXtoDVD :!: :!:

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Should you have any questions please go ahead and ask :P

Regards
Exhibit_dk[/url]
Exhibit_dk

That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson US essayist & poet (1803 - 1882)

mytonpadi

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:23 pm

Yes, I need to burn a DVD with switchable subtitles.I have just downloaded convertxtodvd, I'm about to use it. If I use convertxtodvd to add subtitles with avi, can I use other programs to burn it such as Nero instead of convertxtodvd?

Exhibit_dk

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:44 pm

Yes, I need to burn a DVD with switchable subtitles.I have just downloaded convertxtodvd, I'm about to use it. If I use convertxtodvd to add subtitles with avi, can I use other programs to burn it such as Nero instead of convertxtodvd?
You can indeed. The program creates a DVD directory where the files lies just like on a DVD.

So from there you can burn the files onto a DVD using any burner which is able to burn DVD movies
Exhibit_dk

That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson US essayist & poet (1803 - 1882)

Return to “General talk”