Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Are you thinking about donating?

Yes, I will donate
40%
Not sure, but I will think about it
40%
No, I dont give you any donation
20%

Total votes: 10
oss
Site Admin

IMPORTANT - we accept PayPal donations

Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:54 pm

Hello movie/subtitle maniacs,

bad times are hopefully gone, we had problems with old server, it was too slow to serve you. Popularity of opensubtitles.org is raising every day, so we need better hardware. We bought 2 dedicated boxes, so now site can handle more than 2000 concurrent users online. Hardware configuration is quite nice, just see:

Code: Select all

| Web server | DB/Web server ----|----------------------------------|----------------------------- CPU | AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Dual Core | AMD Athlon 64 3700+ RAM | 2 GB DDR400 RAM | 2 GB DDR400 RAM HDD | 2 x 300 GB SATA HDD (raid-1) | 2 x 300 GB SATA HDD (raid-1) NIC | 1 GBit OnBoard | 1 GBit OnBoard NET | 100 MBit/s | 100 MBit/s BW | 1000 GB/month | 1000 GB/month EUR | 149 EUR/month | 100 EUR/moth --------------------------------------------------------------------- Price for month:249 EUR
Current statistics are cca. 50.000 uniqs per day and 300.000 pageviews and I think at end of year it will be twice as current.

We don't like banners/ads so we are trying to keep them as minimum as possible, but for this cause we need also your donation. There exists 2 possibilities: banner ads or some donation, so decide yourself. Of course donation is and will stay optional.

As you can see, we are paying to our hosting company 249 EUR/1 month so please make some donation - any amount will be really nice. So if you believe if this site has potential to be a best subtitles site, you like it and you want to support us, just do it via PayPal clicking to: Support us

Your nickname and country will be shown on main page, if you like - just tell us after donating.

Thanks m8s.

Return to “General talk”