Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

Re: YOU want to be an Administrator at opensubtitles?

Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:51 am

welcome, Slaks is another Croatian admin, so get in touch with him as well. Do just Croatian subtitles. And checkout the reports section and try to deal with those reports in your languages, if you can. Thanks.

mikegold

Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:22 am

I wanna be administrator for opensubtitles.org for Indonesian part.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:23 am

@mikegold why we should accept you ?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:56 am

@mikegold why we should accept you ?
Don't bother, Oss.
It's a crafty spammer.
But I am a crafty admin ;-)
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

hazylum
Subtitles Admin

Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:37 am

1. matant94 https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... 0/a-mysqld

2. 7 hours per week

3. Italian

4. 6140 at this time

I'm actually upload a lot of [Cruncyroll] subs so I can upload, in all languages available, not only in Italian
The count of hours may vary depending on the subs availability

oss
Site Admin

Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:11 am

@matant welcome - I believe you will be good admin, you are doing great job already!

hazylum
Subtitles Admin

Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:22 am

@matant welcome - I believe you will be good admin, you are doing great job already!
Thanks =)

M_I_S
Subtitles Admin

Mon May 16, 2022 7:10 am

Hi dear oss
I want to be an admin
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... 0/a-mysqld
atleast 7 hour per week
English section
Tnx a lot sir

Funchalense
Site Admin

Wed May 18, 2022 10:18 pm

Hi dear oss
I want to be an admin
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... 0/a-mysqld
atleast 7 hour per week
English section
Tnx a lot sir
M_I_S, see this topic : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17800

RaresEU
Subtitles Admin

Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:24 pm

Hey there!
1. My username: rareseu -- if the BBCode linked URL is not working: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... 4/a-mysqld
2. Around 1-2 hours per day, usually in the morning so I can upload the subtitles of new releases.
3. Romanian language
4. So far, 2301. I use a streaming platform with a debrided service, and at first, I was looking for ways to upload subtitles for the shows I was watching, but it has become routine that every morning I upload new subtitles for shows and movies released a few days ago. (but not only)
Also, the translation of the whole platform into Romanian was done excellently, most probably thanks to Bubuloimare, but there are small grammatical mistakes here and there. I could even help on that part, or even with adding diacritics.
Cheers!

oss
Site Admin

Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:46 am

Hey there!
1. My username: rareseu -- if the BBCode linked URL is not working: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... 4/a-mysqld
2. Around 1-2 hours per day, usually in the morning so I can upload the subtitles of new releases.
3. Romanian language
4. So far, 2301. I use a streaming platform with a debrided service, and at first, I was looking for ways to upload subtitles for the shows I was watching, but it has become routine that every morning I upload new subtitles for shows and movies released a few days ago. (but not only)
Also, the translation of the whole platform into Romanian was done excellently, most probably thanks to Bubuloimare, but there are small grammatical mistakes here and there. I could even help on that part, or even with adding diacritics.
Cheers!
welcome to admins!

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:29 am

Hey there!
3. Romanian language
Cheers!
welcome to admins!
I have added you to the list.
You should now have access to the admin section on the forum ("Admin Homepage").
Please read around and if you have any questions, post them in the topic "New Admin Questions And Answers".
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

MihovilBiro

Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:22 pm

Hello, folks.

1. Username: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-9367535

2. 2-3 hours per day but ill try to be here more. im here for 6 months. i dont know if thats enough but as much as i can see theres not a lot croatian admins so i would like to help.

3. Croatian

4. 75, so far. i know its not much but ill try upload more. i promise. :D

oss
Site Admin

Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:31 pm

Hi

we have slaks as Croatian admin, please ask him if he needs help... https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-1487053

name_less

Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:41 am

Hi, I'm name_less and I would like to apply as an admin.
1. Link to my profile: https://www.opensubtitles.org/it/search ... 2/a-mysqld
2. I'm active everyday for 1-2 hours and in the weekends for 3-5 hours or more if needed. (I wasn't active during the holidays but now I'll come back to this schedule.)
3. I'm applying for Italian.
4. As of the time of writing this I uploaded 556 subs for multiple languages.

(Actually it was more than that but the admin hazylum on 07/01/2023 disabled a lot of the subs I uploaded more than a month ago and then proceeded to reupload the same exact files with different names. Some months ago I caught him in the act, I had just uploaded the subs for the latest episode of an anime series and I was editing the name of the subs to reflect the official name for the episode (e.g. I was changing S1 E10 to S1 E10 - "Episode title") and when I tried to save I got redirected to a page saying that those subs where disabled by hazylum. Some seconds later the same subs popped up on the New subtitles feed and they where uploaded by him. I opened his profile and I messaged him. I asked: "Why did you delete my subs and then you reuploaded the exact same ones?" he answered "The page for your subs was located in an inaccessible part of the website, so I removed everything and proceeded to reupload." Then I said: "That's really weird, it has never happened to me before. Can you explain better?" and he answered with: "The page was bugged and the episode names where displaying as "()" I didn't know what to do so I left it like that and I disabled everything." I proceeded to explain to him that it was happening because the episode page on imdb (Which if I understand correctly, is the website from where OS fetches its data) was just created and it didn't have any information in it. He said that it happened because I use a naming scheme different than his and he tried to blame it on that. The point is that I use the same naming scheme as him and even if I used a different one it shouldn't make any difference. The conversation ended with me saying: "If that "bug" happens again just press on the IMDB Update button and the data will be fetched again." After some weeks he deleted our conversation. Sadly I don't have screenshots of it and this is what I remember. He didn't revert his changes and he left my subs disabled for no reason. Another time he reuploaded the same subs for a series I had just uploaded. I reported those subs as duplicates and he messaged me and told me that his subs are different and that he couldn't understand where I got mine from. After he said that, I downloaded his and my subs and I checked them one by one. The timings and text was identical on all of them. I told him about this and he didn't reply anymore. He didn't disable his duplicate subs and after a few days he deleted our conversation. This series has duplicated subs for all of season one e.g. https://www.opensubtitles.org/it/search ... d-13057370 and you can see that I uploaded them before him. I know that this is not the place to report about this stuff but I just needed to explain that this admin doesn't know how to use basic functions of the website and when he does something wrong and you tell him he won't fix it.)

I would like to become an admin to be able to correct errors without having to rely on other admins and to help users when they need help.
Last edited by SmallBrother on Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added two blank lines for readability

Return to “General talk”