Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
os_dev

Re: Give us feedback about the new site opensubtitles.com

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:33 pm

Hello.

Thank you for your answers. I have imported my profile, but, like you said, my uploads are empty.
I see 203 uploads on your account, is it correct now ?
No, on my account on opensubtitles.org, I see 16588 uploads.
oops, allright I'll figure this out :?

eblackadder

Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:29 pm

Hello,

I wanted to download subs for Gunsmoke and Bonanza on opensubtitles.com but i am missing a lot. Gunsmoke has on .org 1327 subs and on ,com it has 468. Bonanza has on .org 886 subs and on .com 573. Hopefully the missing subs can be added on opensubtitles.com

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:57 pm

Howdy,
Seems to be some issues in agreement between the two sites, besides the differing totals for these two western series identified here. Just meandered over to the .com site and compared total uploads for my account, with quite a significant number (~6000) missing from .com that appear on the .org site.

eblackadder

Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:17 am

Hello,

That's a lot of missing subtitles. Hopefully everything will be sorted out. Im from the Netherlands and i'm a big fan of western shows. Since my hearing isn't that great i'm always looking for subs. So i'm very happy with all the subs that you have been uploaded! Thanks a lot!

os_dev

Mon May 02, 2022 6:45 pm

thanks for reporting,

there will always be synchronisation issues between the sites for as long as the synchronisation will be needed, I got some long & slow scripts to run to fix the missing subtitles, planned to be used when the uploads will finally be done on the new site.

since it's still gonna take some time, I ran the scrips over the week end to do some more checks now, still some imports to be done, but all the reported subtitles from the tvshows and mrtinkles will be there in the next few hours.

note also that the subtitles counts (i.e. uploads_count) were sometimes wrongly updated, it's getting fixed right now.

there are 6'200'756 subtitles on opensubtitles.org, 6'15'3812 on opensubtitles.com, that's 46944 missing subtitles, normally now just bugged subtitles that couldn't be parsed on the new site.

always very helpful to point out missing synchronisations, I always end up fixing some small bugs. will run more extra checks on synchronisation now.

eblackadder

Mon May 16, 2022 10:45 am

thanks for reporting,

there will always be synchronisation issues between the sites for as long as the synchronisation will be needed, I got some long & slow scripts to run to fix the missing subtitles, planned to be used when the uploads will finally be done on the new site.

since it's still gonna take some time, I ran the scrips over the week end to do some more checks now, still some imports to be done, but all the reported subtitles from the tvshows and mrtinkles will be there in the next few hours.

note also that the subtitles counts (i.e. uploads_count) were sometimes wrongly updated, it's getting fixed right now.

there are 6'200'756 subtitles on opensubtitles.org, 6'15'3812 on opensubtitles.com, that's 46944 missing subtitles, normally now just bugged subtitles that couldn't be parsed on the new site.

always very helpful to point out missing synchronisations, I always end up fixing some small bugs. will run more extra checks on synchronisation now.
Thanks a lot for the explaination and for being working on it!

pooond

Sat May 21, 2022 9:56 pm

Error 500 when trying to access Notifications or profile information on .com site.
Is there an easier way to get a profile avatar on that version of the site? Like using a URL or uploading an icon?

Thanks

os_dev

Tue May 24, 2022 12:12 pm

Error 500 when trying to access Notifications or profile information on .com site.
Is there an easier way to get a profile avatar on that version of the site? Like using a URL or uploading an icon?

Thanks
oh do you still have that 500 ?

for the profile avatar, it's just using gravatar, https://en.gravatar.com

pooond

Tue May 24, 2022 2:37 pm

Yes, I do. Happens when I click on the "power button" and then the "profile" button in the drop down menu.
I get:
Error 500
Oooops. We are down.
But don't worry, we will be back up shortly.
"Public profile" button works fine, though.

Would be better if we can just upload our own image rather than registering and creating an account with gravatar site, but fair enough.

Thanks in advance.

os_dev

Tue May 24, 2022 11:10 pm

Yes, I do. Happens when I click on the "power button" and then the "profile" button in the drop down menu.
I get:
Error 500
Oooops. We are down.
But don't worry, we will be back up shortly.
"Public profile" button works fine, though.

Would be better if we can just upload our own image rather than registering and creating an account with gravatar site, but fair enough.

Thanks in advance.
allright I got it, came from a notification for a rating that was deleted.... hopefully fixed the notification system now. thanks for reporting !

for gravatar, it's really convenient, used by so many sites, all wordpress sites, github, stackoverflow... also, for now we don't want to handle user uploads

Likurg

Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:16 pm

Can someone explain me if there are differences between the site opensubtitles.org and opensubtitles.com?
I had to register on both, but under different nicknames, because I could not simply enter this forum under a nickname with opensubtitles.com. I thought this one and the same site, but there I did not find a forum.
I'm interested in the issue of correcting errors in subtitles on the Swedish television TV series season 4 episode 6 "Sommaren med slakten" Jackor och budgivning.
The subtitles are not synchronized and they haven't 2 minutes at the beginning of the movie. I would like to contact the submaker of this subtitles Nemo_ and ask him to finish them, at least in part of the text, I can do the synchronization myself.
Also I'm interested in the subtitles for season 6 episode 4 "Sommaren med slakten" En kopia av Bobo. There's not enough 8 minutes at the end. True, these subtitles were made on another site. Is it possible to somehow contact him and write at least the remaining 8 minutes, and I have the first 15 and new subtitles for this series will be ready.

scooby007
Site Admin

Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:23 pm

.com is a modern and the eventual replacement for .org at some point in the future.
At the moment, .com just mirrors what .org has and what is uploaded here. Also still in beta phase.
And .com will have it's own integrated forum at some point and not a separate one like here.
You could have registered on .org and then imported your account details to .com, but you've created two separate accounts by now, so not to worry. What's done is done.
For now, .org is the main site and this forum serves it's purpose for both sites, but mainly for .org.

The user you're looking for is here: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-6499422
You can ask him your questions on his profile page.

And please don't use the forum (specifically this topic) to request subtitles. It'll become a mess and filled with chaos in no time.

Hope that helps.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Likurg

Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:26 am

I'm interested in the issue of correcting errors in subtitles on the Swedish television TV series season 4 episode 6 "Sommaren med slakten" Jackor och budgivning.
I made a mistake with the name of the series. The correct name is "Sommaren med slakten" S04E06 "Borde vara och falsk födelsedag". There text of subtitles start from the 2nd minute, but go right away. So how to fix these subtitles?

Likurg

Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:00 am

The user you're looking for is here: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-6499422
You can ask him your questions on his profile page.

And please don't use the forum (specifically this topic) to request subtitles. It'll become a mess and filled with chaos in no time.

Hope that helps.
OK, I got it.

hazylum
Subtitles Admin

Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:53 pm

I don't know if it has been considered as a possibility yet.
Would it be possible to enable the uploading of .mks and pgs (or vob) files ?
So as to increase the user base of the site and solve the problem of subtitles from fansub groups that have fonts that would have to be attached for the subtitle to be displayed correctly.
Maybe, to avoid spam, enable this possibility only for the trusted or sub translator tier
OpenSubtitles admin since 2022 - Anime multisub uploader

Return to “General talk”