Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
zenzop

Re: MACHINE TRANSLATION NOTICE!

Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:53 pm

it's nice to see that everybody is working on improving quality. Definitely a step in the right direction.

ossan

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:26 am

We are having two problems in the Japanesee subtitles.
One is that machine translations are being uploaded by anonymous uploaders.
Fortulnately many users post a comment notufying others that it is a machine translation.

The second problem is that we have a user, previously logging in as gangfan and now gang2fan who posts obnoxious comments
against people to warn others that a sutitle is a machine trtanslations. This user needs to be banned as soon as possible for his repeated and continuous behavior.

Is there a Moderator who can help?

scooby007
Site Admin

Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:42 pm

Firstly, I suggest you apply to be admin for that section here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1996&start=195#p44510

I was certain we had a Japanese admin, but he must have left/retired.
If you do choose to become admin, general guidance and rules will be sent to you and you can moderate the Japanese section.
It's best we have a native speaker.

Secondly, we don't ban users just like that without giving them a warning first. As the Japanese section doesn't have an admin at the moment, he's probably as upset as you are about the machine translations, just doesn't/can't express himself amicably.

The Japanese section doesn't seem that busy with the amount of uploads coming in, so can't imagine it would be a difficult job for you, as long as you have an hour to spare and to check it every couple of days.

Do consider joining and helping the community.

PS: Can't find a user by that name, must have deleted his account. User search is case-sensitive.

ossan

Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:28 pm

Thank you for your response. Firstly, I misspelled that user's name, it is gan2fan, formerly ganfan.
Also he is not upset at those who upload M/Ts. He is attacking those who post warnings that it is a M/T.
This user has a history of obnoxious behavior.
I looked at that link and while I could probably swing it time wise, I don't know if I have uploaded enough subs.
I did several when we went into a semi-lockdown here in Japan last year.But haven;t done any this year, I think.
Anyway, thank you very much for your attention.

scooby007
Site Admin

Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:17 pm

The fact is you’ve been a member for over 8 years. Higher upload count is normally for newer users to avoid giving admin powers to someone who may misuse it.

Just apply, explain lack of uploads and put a link to this thread with your post stating I sent you and I’m sure it’ll workout.

Or contact smallbrother by PM. He’ll take care of it. And give you access to admin guide topics.

Good luck

ossan

Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:30 pm

Thank you very much.

Return to “General talk”