Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
acasc

How do Subtitle ads work?

Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:43 pm

I happened to become a Gold Uploader yesterday and I still get the ad ''advertise here bla bla'' at the start and end of the subs I download. Is VIP the only way to remove that?

Thank you :)

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: How do Subtitle ads work?

Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:05 am

I believe those ads are already in there. Whilst logged in, no advertisements mean that you get no adverts on the website or webpages. Internal ads within the subtitle itself aren't controlled by your user status.

I've not had ads for awhile within subtitles, even when I download as anonymous.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:40 am

to be clear, ads are inserted only when downloading via API (programs, media players, scripts...).

Now I check and gold members should not have ads inserted also.

acasc

Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:54 pm

to be clear, ads are inserted only when downloading via API (programs, media players, scripts...).

Now I check and gold members should not have ads inserted also.
I use bazarr, and I still get them :(

oss
Site Admin

Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:26 am

try again and let us know (make sure you check newly downloaded subtitles when you are logged in)

acasc

Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:37 pm

try again and let us know (make sure you check newly downloaded subtitles when you are logged in)
yeap still shows. I tried two languages. English subs dont have ads, only Greek ones.

acasc

Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:05 pm

so... any solution?

oss
Site Admin

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:15 am

@asac send me email, and example subtitle where are you getting ads.

Return to “General talk”