Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Info1

Error downloading subtitles

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:08 pm

Hello,

Sorry my first problem is a issue. Thank you to all the contributers for the subtitles.

My issue is that in my EMBY Setup I recently enable the OpenSubtitle plugin and I am not getting many populated subtitles.

I do see this error when I trigger the task:

MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RateLimitExceededException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.RateLimitExceededException: OpenSubtitles rate limit reached
at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.SendRequestAsync(ReadOnlyMemory`1 request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.SearchSubtitlesAsync(OpenSubtitleQuery[] parameters, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at OpenSubtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.SearchSubtitles(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: OpenSubtitles
TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

what is the RateLimitExceededException?

Thanks

Mark

scooby007
Site Admin

Re: Error downloading subtitles

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:21 am

Hi,

Just guessing here as I don't use that plugin, but RateLimitExceededException could indicate a user is requesting too frequently. That user may not be you, it may have something to do with your IP address. If you are using a VPN, try changing the server or your IP address and see if that helps. Also delete your cookies and clear your cache (if possible dependant on what medium or platform you're using) before changing the IP address.
To be honest, 3rd party programs/software that uses our API to obtain subtitles can be a hit and miss for us to figure out.
Also our API was down a few days ago for log-in applications.
Let us know if that worked.

Kind regards

Return to “General talk”