Insert subtitles to a movie and burn it on a cd or dvd

Talk about programs using OS API.
Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Insert subtitles to a movie and burn it on a cd or dvd

Postby valtsit » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:52 pm

Hallo friends,

first of all thank you all in advance. I have a problem. I dont no how i can insert subtitles in a movie and burn it in a cd or dvd. Can somebody help me. Maybe some software or some hint.

Thank you very much.

Valtsit
valtsit

help Insert subtitles to a movie and burn it on a cd or dvd

Postby mehdii » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:39 pm

hello i have as problem too.

plz help me
mehdii

Postby isah » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:03 pm

Download AviSub http://www.trustfm.net/divx/SoftwareAviSub.html
Versy simple program to add subtitles to avi movies.

If you have any problem, I will try to help:)
isah

avisub problems

Postby remulac » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:24 am

I've tried avisub on idx and srt subs and the program says it is loading properly but the resulting file (divx) has no subs. Any idea why this would be so?
remulac

Postby EdRicardo » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:43 pm

google wiki subtitles

Subtitles can also be created by individuals using freely-available subtitle-creation software like Aegisub and then hardcode them onto a video file with programs such as VirtualDub in combination with VSFilter which could also be used to show subtitles as softsubs in many software video players. If you have a film with an external subtitle file, say an .avi file with a matching .srt file, you can embed the subtitles in the film so you have one file which will play showing the subtitles whether or not the software or hardware supports subtitles. For example try AviRecomp which is explained simply at Every Flavour Beans. If the subtitles in a .srt file show at the wrong time in the .avi file then you might try changing the timing with Time Adjuster.
EdRicardo

Postby shinob1 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:03 am

Hi, do i really need a subtitle converter to add the subs into the avi movie file because i thought that all you have to do is change the name of the video file/sub srt file to the same name of the other to make it work. Subs that came with the movie worked on my other avi movies but not subs i downloaded from this website.. help ?
shinob1

Postby oss » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:47 pm

I was really satisfied with this one. They got free version.

ConvertXtoDVD is right product. It supports DIVX, XVID, MKV, MOV, MPEG, WMV, DV, OGM, RMVB and more video formats.

Special features:
- Optimized for multi-core processors
- Fast and quality encoder
- Subtitles supported internal and external: SSA, SRT, SUB/IDX, VOB
- PAL or NTSC and 16:9 or 4:3 output formats
- Advanced menu creation
- Chapter creation (automatic or custom)
- Advanced file merging possibilities
- Included burning engine, supports all DVD formats
- Optimized for Windows 2000 / XP / Vista

http://www.opensubtitles.org/recommend/a-convertxtodvd
oss
Site Admin

Re: Insert subtitles to a movie and burn it on a cd or dvd

Postby pwhitetom » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:31 am

The following is a step by step guide on how to add subtitle .srt to AVI video file at How to Add Subtitles to AVI Video at http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how-to-add-subtitles-to-avi.html

This guide also applies to:

Add subtitle .ass to AVI video file
Add subtitle .ssa to AVI movie file
Add subtitle .idx to AVI video file
Add subtitle .sub to AVI video file
Add all kinds of subtitles to other video formats including MP4, WMV, MKV, FLV, MOV, MPEG, M4V, RMVB, 3GP, ASF, WebM, WTV and etc.
pwhitetom

Return to Programs using OS