Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Lumbriga

How to upload stuff not registered on imdb?

Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:03 pm

Some documentaries aren't represented on imdb. Is there a way to upload such subs since they dont have imdb number?

oss
Site Admin

Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:52 pm

it is not possible yet :( Those subtitles, which are ot on imdb should be uploaded under different name, subdownloader will finds them, but I dont know if it is good way.
This IMDB thing has own limitations. Make new system (make "new" movie with "high" IMDB number) is quite hard to code, but it is not possible. But not for now.

giannid

Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:29 am

I started working on subbing a documentary. I just looked and it's not listed on IMDB either :(

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:22 am

yes, maybe it will be next task what I start to code. Maybe some of those movies I can add by hand (you must tell me name of movie and everything about it - some link to other source is enough).

I want some subtitles, which are not on IMDB either, so I am aware of this problem very good. For example not so long ago was released "Worlds Most Dangerous Drug" and it is not on IMDB too :(

Nikephoros

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:57 am

So submit those movie to IMDB. IMDB has lots of user submitted data that the IMDB staff just approves. I assume this is how most obscure and foreign movies are even in their database.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:44 am

Worst

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:17 am

:shock: Never thought about submiting new titles on IMDB.

Good idea. :wink:

ericb2038
Subtitles Admin

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:26 am

By experience, i can tell you that the process can be lengthy.
last short movie i submitted there appeared after more than 6 months.

The reason for this is that iMDB staff screens every submission and check that they are actually real films.

I don't know how they do their research after a submission, but i believe this involves contacting productions companies and such. Hence the lengthy process (especially for obscure foreign films)

Return to “General talk”