Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
maxxouille

Oscar not downloading subtitles

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi,

I'm regularly trying to download subtitles using Oscar, but it always ends with the following message : "finished successfully, found 0 subtitles ..." (and this result is obtained with any movie).

Could anybody give me a clue?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Majky
Site Admin

Works just fine

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:54 am

hi,

I just checked it, it works fine.

Check your 'Preferences' to see what languages you have selected (try selecting more, e.g. english, just for testing) or check 'Log' if there aren't any error messages.

<Majky>

leolobato

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:27 am

Go in preferences and make sure URL in OSDb is pointing to:

http://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc

Looks like the API has changed address. Maybe someone should put a sticky post here?

topio

I think the solution should be both

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:46 pm

I think that there should be a sticky note with the new API Address and also that there needs to be support for the old addres since how are infrquent users supposed to find this out.

escravoes

NEW URL FOR OSCAR LOGIN http://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:32 am

Thanks guys for the new URL, have almost given up on the program until I came across this forum. It's now working perfectly. Wasted the past week coz of this. Thanks again.

andrewza

Re: Oscar not downloading subtitles

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi,
I'm regularly trying to download subtitles using Oscar, but it always ends with the following message : "finished successfully, found 0 subtitles " (and this result is obtained with any movie).
Could anybody give me a clue?
Thanks in advance
Matt
What os you have installed?
Last edited by SmallBrother on Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam

Return to “Programs using OS”