Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
scooby007
Site Admin

Re: YOU want to be an Administrator at opensubtitles?

Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:52 pm

Looking for an English admin to take over and help with the recent uploads section on opensubtitles. There can be a lot of subtitles uploaded incorrectly in the English section. The subtitles can have the release name filled incorrectly as well as the IMDb ID being wrong when uploaded using subtitle programs, all this will need to be corrected. If anyone thinks they can help, then contact me here or privately from the main site. Thank you.

filmtiger
Subtitles Admin

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:01 pm

1. I'm filmtiger (http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... er-1166102)
2. I could spend about one hour per day
3. I apply for German admin
4. Right now I've uploaded 550 subs

I apply because SimplyTheBOSS noticed me about the "job" to be vacant.

rogard

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:03 am

Looking for an English admin to take over [...]
So the old hounds of war are finally getting tired, huh? You can always have my job too if you're interested, scoobster. :-)

PS: Sorry for OT posting. I just couldn't resist.

scooby007
Site Admin

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Looking for an English admin to take over [...]
So the old hounds of war are finally getting tired, huh? You can always have my job too if you're interested, scoobster. :-)

PS: Sorry for OT posting. I just couldn't resist.

Yep, this dog is old. Loose women, fast cars and kids have finally taken its toll :lol:
No need to apologize, I've done worse at your end :D No, no, no! You can have mine, I insist!

ssdoria

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:54 pm

1. My username is ssdoria
2. 1h per day
3. Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese (pt, pt_BR)
4. I didn't upload a single translation to Opensubtitles.org yet, but I've lots of experience translating software as oficial translator of: Daemon Tools, VLC Media Player, PDF Creator and others.

So, I can contribute translating the board starting immediately and keep things updated. I'm able to translate stuff from audio and files. I also know where else are the fresh translation files in Portuguese language.

Sidney Doria

Astimo

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:28 am

If there's a problem in the Dutch section now Goffini is banned, I'm willing to help out als Admin. If there's no problem, no problem :)
Although not too active here (thanks to Goffini, I evaded this site), I have been Admin on another site and are always willing to help out.
:)
Astimo

oss
Site Admin

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:20 am

sorry, but if you got 0 uploaded subtitles, you can not expect I will make you admin :) other requests was responded.

Astimo

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:49 am

sorry, but if you got 0 uploaded subtitles, you can not expect I will make you admin :) other requests was responded.
No problem, I just tried to help the Dutch section.
:)

btw I see that smallbrother is the new admin, a good choice!

jcdr

Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:20 am

1. username jcdr, iduser 935462, link http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-935462
2. I can dedicate few hours a week.
3. I apply for the french language.
4. I have corrected imdbid on 6,000+ french subtitles from mlaplacek (with the help of SimplytheBoss). I have uploaded 3,000+ french subtitles, most of them unique.

Regards,
JCDR

Note 1: sorry for not using any player for uploading subtitles, but I generally don't have the related movies. And my collection consists mainly in mkv movies with subtitles packed in the mkv container; I have not found the ideal soft yet, which would parse the container, hash x264 video only, and extract or include the subs ! But I am sure it is in the pipe...

Note 2: There are still plenty of series which subtitle CDs are grouped under one single subtitleid. Will I be able to split them into separate subtitleid/IMDbid with admin rights ?

oss
Site Admin

Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:53 pm

welcome to admins, I saw your uploads before.

anyway, for note 1 - thanks for recommendation - it would be goot to know, how is spread the videos only in mkv container without subtitles. AFAIK when somebody release mkv, it will be not released again, because somebody just adds there subtitles, so it makes a sense to just parse container extract the subtitles (they are in the text format in container?), and upload them with the full hash of the video file. Should be easy to do - but I dont know the software also.

note 2 - yes, use split and parse tv functions. But before you split the subtitle, make sure the subtitle has the series IMDb and not the individual episode IMDb. Otherwise after the split all the subtitles will have that same ID and you won't be able to parse. Then just select them all and click parse.

RallBauer1
Subtitles Admin

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi,

1. username RallBauer1, iduser 464273, link http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-464273
2. I can dedicate few hours a week.
3. I apply for the german language.
4. 100+

Regards,
Ralf

oss
Site Admin

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:45 am

RallBauer, welcome to admins.

RallBauer1
Subtitles Admin

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:42 am

thx oss

Pavlotex

Thu May 24, 2012 10:10 am

I would like to be an administrator for the Ukrainian part /
I know 5 language -English,Poland,Chech,Ukrainian and Russian.
On OpenSubtitles.org Iupload 20 own subtitles ..

oss
Site Admin

Tue May 29, 2012 9:03 am

Pavlotex, thanks for interest. http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... er-1306243 - I see MAchine translated subtitles without release names. Try to look around how other admins upload subtitles and please, try again later.

Return to “General talk”