Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

YOU want to be an Administrator at opensubtitles?

Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi,

we got open "positions" for administrators, for some language sections of opensubtitles. For examlpe english and hungarian section got a great administrators.

if you want apply, please answer these questions here:

1. your username with link, where I can see your uploaded subtitles
2. how much time you will got for this work
3. which language do you apply for
4. How much subtitles you upload to opensubtitles.org

Important thing - your application will be considered on your uploads and activity on website. So please, don't ask, if you can be administrator, if you upload zero, or 5 subtitles. Thats just not enough.

Thank you
Last edited by oss on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jackson95

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:04 pm

I would like to be an administrator for the part French

Link : http://www.opensubtitles.org/fr/profile/iduser-959256

Login : Jackson95
Name : Jackson Holeman
Time : I have available: 2 or 3 hours per day
I bring Langage French and a Little English

Thank you For your invitation =)

preetkamal

Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi,

I can help in the English section for the site.

Login: preetkamal
Name: Preet Kamal
Time: 1-2 hours per day
Languages: English. I can also manage anything related to Indian movies (especially Bollywood Hindi movies)

Uploaded subtitles: http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... ser-476039

Ahytys

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi,

I'd like to help you as administrator for the Italian part of the site.

Login: Ahytys
Name: Daniele Andreuzzi
Time: at least 1-2 hours per day
Languages: Italian

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-1070623
I haven't uploaded any subtitle yet.
Last edited by Ahytys on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:26 pm

All potential admin applicants: OS has declared that if any applicant is wishing to apply for this post, they may do so now.

Please note, you will not be short listed for the post if you upload duplicate or copied subtitles on a regular basis, or have expressed a belligerent attitude towards other users.

As an admin you will on occasion need to deal with reports submitted through the subtitle “Correct” page, as well as dealing and handling subtitles uploaded without an IMDB reference to say the least. You will need to have a patient and mature attitude when dealing with other users.

If you have been behaving immaturely or uploading duplicate subtitles in seek of fame, then this job is not for you.

As an admin you will need to set an example. If you think you have adhered to the above then please apply and you will be considered by OS.

Please note: OS is away for one month so it may take a short while until you receive a reply. Be patient, if you have been short listed you will be contacted soon.

hoodric

Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:21 pm

1. hoodric - http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-458076

2. If I'd only be an admin for the Chinese language subs then it wouldn't take me more than a couple of minutes a day because mostly they're from me anyway (I've uploaded 20% of all the Chinese subtitles here). Willing to put in more time as needed though if needed as an admin outside of the Chinese section.

3. Chinese

TedTheBellhop

Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:08 pm

Hello there,

i'd like to help out and it would be a honor to do so. Love the opensubtitles.org project - better than all those cluttered subtitle websites.

1. TedTheBellhop http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profile/iduser-505013
haven't uploaded that much right now, but usually i'm doing the "hard to get" stuff ;) and i've been active at subtitles.de for a long time
2. very flexible (student) 1-3 hours?!
3. german (and especially for the hearing impaired)

greetings from hamburg, germany

oss
Site Admin

New admins on opensubtitles

Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:21 am

to all: you are now admin, explore the site after logging out and logging in. You can also translate untranslated part of website. if you got any questions, post them here or on to my mail.

Ahytys: I am sorry, but if you did not upload any subtitles, you can not be admin. Please upload some subtitles first, so I can see, you taking this job seriously.

TedTheBellhop

Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:00 am

thank you, I'll do the best I can :)

one thing: are there any do's or dont's?

e.g. what should happen to links in the subtitle details/comment section? etc...
or regarding reports: should we stick to our language?

greetings

Ahytys

Re: New admins on opensubtitles

Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:01 pm

to all: you are now admin, explore the site after logging out and logging in. You can also translate untranslated part of website. if you got any questions, post them here or on to my mail.

Ahytys: I am sorry, but if you did not upload any subtitles, you can not be admin. Please upload some subtitles first, so I can see, you taking this job seriously.
Ok I'll upload some subtitles for "Merlin" TV series, since there are none in Italian :wink:

preetkamal

Re: New admins on opensubtitles

Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks, folks. I will try to give my best. Couple of questions:

1. What are the responsibilities we need to take care of? You mentioned responsing to user reports. How do we do that? We go to the "Reports" section and we can pick any report and respond to it?

2. I use SubDownloader to download subs mostly. As a user, one of the issues I used to face was that sometimes subs are marked wrongly for some avi's. e.g. they are not synchronized, or a 2-CD sub is marked to a 1-CD avi. I didn't find any way to report this either via OS site or via SubDownloader. Is there any way to fix such issues as an admin, if not as a user?

preetkamal

Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:04 pm

Regarding the second question, I see the functionality to remove a video hash for a subtitle. I still feel it would be a great feature for all users to at least report such issues. I had filed a feature request against SubDownloader for this, though nothing hapened.

preetkamal

Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Can somebody tell what is this "admin movies" section? I am guessing these are movies which do not have proper IMDB references etc. which need to be fixed?

Ahytys

Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:53 pm

To OS:
I've just uploaded my first subtitles here: http://www.opensubtitles.org/it/subtitl ... /merlin-it :wink:
I'll translate the entire series :wink:

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:07 pm

Preetkamal and Ted The Bell Hop,

I have emailed you. Ask me the questions there, not in this thread. Do not over complicate this thread.

Thank you.

At everybody. (New admins only). Contact me privately and I'll talk you through the steps, at least until OS returns.

P.S. (Preetkamal) No they don't need to be fixed.

Return to “General talk”