Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
suadnovic

Incredible thing about Logan (2017)

Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:13 am

I'm interesting how scooby007 can be administrator on opensubtitles when he disabled my english subtitles for Logan (2017) with over 130.000 downloads and 80 thanks. Someone who hate opensubtitles didn't do such thing. Incredible!

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Incredible thing about Logan (2017)

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:01 pm

I'm interesting how scooby007 can be administrator on opensubtitles when he disabled my english subtitles for Logan (2017) with over 130.000 downloads and 80 thanks. Someone who hate opensubtitles didn't do such thing. Incredible!

If he delet, it's because it was not a good subtitle.
And from what I can see you indicated " Subtitles are machine translated".
You have been warned several times to not upload these subtitles, and you continue to do so... Incredible!!

suadnovic

Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Let's put things on right place without bad feelings!
1) This isn't my subtitle, I findet it on web
2) At this moment, doesn't exist good english subtitle for Logan (2017), bat "my" subtitle helped in making serbian subtitle, so isn't so bad after all
3) 148102 downloads and 94 thanks say that people thinks it isn't so bad, as much opensubtitles.org haved visits and downloads
4) 148102 downloads is my personal record, I doubt ever again will have something like that, so where will my record be noted if subtitle is disabled, have opensubtitles.org some statistic, or similar? I'm just glad if I was useful, this is my only satisfaction
5) I'm aware of rules, but fuck hard rules, good rules count spesial occasions like in this raealy curious situation.
So, things have to be messurated properly, in my humble opinion.
Thanks on understanding or misunderstanding, an way.

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:02 pm

I'm interesting how scooby007 can be administrator on opensubtitles when he disabled my english subtitles for Logan (2017) Incredible!
I believe I answered your query in the PM you sent me. And the answer to the above, well, check the following topic and response by smallbrother: Check this topic for something similar: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15987
Does that help answer your question?

You sent the following PM to me:
Hi, I'm interesting way you diabled english subtitles for Logan (2017) with over 130.000 downloads and 80 thanks? Congratulations. Do you hate ths site?
I responded:
HI, The rules are pretty simple: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1969
You said:
Yeah, and this is also very clear
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... 8/logan-en
Obviosly, people don't care about, and site haved so many visiters.

The above is where you enabled the subtitles again.

Funchalense has also explained it to you (thank you, Funchalense), yet you still don't seem to get it.

After you PM'ed me and the actions you took after (enabling the subtitle), consider yourself lucky a warning or ban wasn't added to your account. Especially after the constant barraging approach, which you seem to be taking. And the two new subtitles for that movie are better translations and manually edited. So your machine translation should stay, why?

"Incredible" isn't the word I'd choose to describe this farce. It was a machine translation: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1969
And according to that topic, no other debate or discussion is necessary.

Thank you for your input and work on the site. Have a fab day.

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:31 am

I have only two (2) questions for you:
1. which one of you is a admin, you or scooby?
2. which one of you speaks English ancestrally?

previously you have ignored all the advices of admins, uploading bad subtitles and so on... Yes, I remember you.
scooby is a nice guy... I'm not... I am not sure how we should go about things now, one more irreverent act (enabling disabled subtitles, uploading crap, ignoring admins advices etc) or anything like that...if this continues, you will get warnings that can/will lead to a ban. Admins delete subtitles for a reason. They have nothing personal against you or invested towards others in the form of revenge.
But don't worry, I am not the king here, OS is, you can always complain to OS.
And btw, I hate scooby too but it doesn't mean I don't respect him or his work, he is one of our best admins.

Return to “General talk”