Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
polemarxos

Making VB .NET Application

Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:43 pm

I have made an app in VB .NET that user can drag and drop file in app,the app is getting hash code and do a search in opensubtitles (using hash or file name).
I get the captcha code in a picture box and user type the text of captcha in a text box.Press enter and he get a save dialog box for the subs.

The thing i wanna do is to avoid complety the use of webbrowser(vb .net toolbox) so no webbrowser save as dialogbox appear(cause i wanna extract it and copy subtitles directly to movie).

I was using My.Computer.Network.DownloadFile before opensubtitles use captcha.
I search a lot and i cant figure it out how to download file without use of webbrowser.
I tried CookieAwareWebClient also but the login page was always downloaded even if login details was correct "user","password".

oss
Site Admin

Re: Making VB .NET Application

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:12 pm

why you are not using our API - XML-RPC ? Do you got reason for that ?

http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/opensubtitles

Return to “Developing”