Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
sarathkcm

fps information in SearchSubtitles Response

Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi,

I didn't find any information about fps of the movie file in the SearchSubtitles method response. It would be nice to add that field.
most people will want to check if the fps of the subtitle matches with that of the movie file before downloading the subtitle. So it is required for a subtitle downloader software to display that information.

Also is there any way to limit the number of results returned by SearchSubtitles Method (or any method)?, because I'm not aware of any. Adding that functionality would b nice too.If there are more than 300 results the response is more than 2 MB of data. User might not want to check more than 3 or 4 of them. Bandwidth wastage both at server and client can be avoided if this feature is implemented.

Thank you

sarathkcm

Re: fps information in SearchSubtitles Response

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:19 am

I guess nobody's around.....

oss
Site Admin

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Sorry for late reply, have been traveling and so on.

MovieFPS is added now.

I also updated trac to limit response for SearchSubtitles(). Basically you just add another array in SearchSubtitles, where you put 'limit' => 10, for example. Try it. If you need this in some other method, let me know.

EDIT: I enabled compression on XML-RPC responses...you can find more about it in new topic I just made in this forum.

sarathkcm

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:09 am

Hi oss,
Thanks for the reply... Good to hear that fps information is added. Thanks for the info on limiting search results and i'm excited to hear about compression, because tha's gonna make the communication faster...will try it...

rednoah

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:52 am

Using compression is much much more efficient than limiting search results:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14246#p27901

Return to “Developing”