Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
roman2106

Hebrew subtitles

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:47 am

hi, i am using kodi and exodus and trying to match Hebrew subtitles. (English subtitles work fine) . But instead of Hebrew subtitles i get some other language. Any advice people? Thanks

oss
Site Admin

Re: Hebrew subtitles

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:44 am

Which language you are getting ? Send some more debug data, which subtitles you download...

roman2106

Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:58 am

I have no idea what language it is. Looks like spanish maybe. And i don't know what debug data is. Sorry. He gives me like 4 to 5 options every time , that are marked as hebrew, but none of them are hebrew. Actually, one time it really was hebrew but bad translation, other times it was this other language.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:43 am

ok, for which movie ? so I can check hebrew subs for some movies...

Can you find subtitles on www.opensubtitles.org and they are ok ?

without debug data it is really hard to check it out.

roman2106

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:50 am

It is for The Flash. Season 1, episode 1 or 2. Also tried Game of Thrones, season 1 episode 1, the result was the same, English subtitles are fine, Hebrew is not. Explain to me what data do you need and it will give it to you. Thanks a lot anyway for your help.

burekas

Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:28 am

Is the "Other Language" gibrish or really other language?
I need to verify regarding OpenSubtitles addon but usually the subtitle file is downloaded to your temp addon folder in your userdata addons folder. So you can verify the content of the file.
If you actually see correct Hebrew chars, so maybe it's kind of Kodi Settings issue.

listenMonster

Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:47 am

Did you try listenmonster.com for this, it is very accurate and free https://listenmonster.com/speech-to-tex ... subtitles/

Return to “General talk”