Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Kees

Subtitles on Kodi tv android box

Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi , can anybody help me with this. I have an android himedia box on which I stream movies and tv series . During all the time I had subtitles in French, Dutch ,Portuguese.through whether subtitles.org or subscene.com . Suddenly it doesn't work anymore and I don't have subtitles anymore. The message I get is to register with a username and a password... which I did ... but still after putting the username and password in the subtitle configuration in kodi tv it still doesn't work when I want to watch a movie ..
Anyone knows what I should do?
Thank you !

ragewarrior

Re: Subtitles on Kodi tv android box

Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:31 am

Got the same problem.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:49 am

hi guys, first question, do you using EXODUS or vanilla KODI ?

Also, can you login on www.opensubtitles.org ? If yes, did you go to configure opensubtitles plugin and insert those credentials (username, password) there ?

Kees

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:29 am

Hi!
I use exodus most of the time. Sometimes prime wire.Yes in opsubtitles plug in I inserted the credentials username and password..Still every time I want to watch a movie I get the same text that I have to put those credentials.. Very strange .. also subscene.com doesn't work as before . It says "check log" or something...
thks for your help
Kees

Peixotjo

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:03 pm

I have exactly the same problem using Specto Fork on my android media box. After making my registration and inserting thoses credentials on the configuration screen if I try to download subtitles I get in return the message saying that the field on the configuration are empty or invalid. Already restated the box but the had no success on downloading subtiles.

Peixotjo

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:47 pm

I think that I've solved the problem (at least in my case with Spectro Fork subtitles). Inside of the video addonyou use you have to go to Tools and there insert the credentials from the open subtitles registration. When you run the movie it shows the 401error (saying that subtitles are not allowed) but it runs perfectly with the correct subtitles.

Kees

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:11 pm

Ok i'll try ..

Bugcaster

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:22 am

hi guys, first question, do you using EXODUS or vanilla KODI ?

Also, can you login on http://www.opensubtitles.org ? If yes, did you go to configure opensubtitles plugin and insert those credentials (username, password) there ?
I can log into opensubtitles.org, but cannot find where to enter my credentials in my vanilla Kodi 16.1 on Android tablet.

Bugcaster

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:31 am

Please disregard my prior post. This worked.
First try, if you can login on www.opensubtitles.org, if you can not login on website, it will not work in KODI!

In KODI navigate to:
System -> Settings -> Add-ons -> My Add-ons -> Subtitles -> OpenSubtitles.org -> Configure

oss
Site Admin

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:11 am

yes, instructions here: http://osdb.link/kodi

Eduardolphin

Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:45 pm

where do I log in to input my username and password?
I am getting an error message that says "your username or password is empty or not valid".

oss
Site Admin

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:30 am

in opensubtitles addon, configuration. It is described in http://osdb.link/kodi - did you read it ?

DOGBONE

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:43 am

I have entered all of credentials correctly when I start a movie it still asks me to login, http://i.imgur.com/L8imr5I.png

ryv

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:42 pm

Finally found the solution, but can`t someone get this file updated on the kodi repo?

Return to “General talk”