Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
corbindragon

Renaming multiple .srt to match video filenames

Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:05 pm

Hi
I often have an entire season of tv show video files and I like to get subs for each file. I know that I can open a video with various media players and drag&drop an srt onto it, but I like to get it all ready ahead of time by renaming each srt to the same filename as the corresponding video filename.

Currently my process is to place all the .srt files in the same folder with the video files. I use keyboard shortcuts to copy the episode 1 video filename then paste it over the episode 1 srt filename. Repeat this copy&paste for each episode and you see how it starts to feel tedious.

I think this process could be automated with macros, scripts, etc. Or even a program, but I (surprisingly) haven't found such a thing that already exists and I'm a helpless newb with all those things. Maybe one does exist, but I haven't found one that makes sense to me.

Anyway, I think such a thing would be handy for a lot of people.
I'm running Windows 8.1 btw.

Thanks for reading.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Renaming multiple .srt to match video filenames

Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi
I often have an entire season of tv show video files and I like to get subs for each file. I know that I can open a video with various media players and drag&drop an srt onto it, but I like to get it all ready ahead of time by renaming each srt to the same filename as the corresponding video filename.

Currently my process is to place all the .srt files in the same folder with the video files. I use keyboard shortcuts to copy the episode 1 video filename then paste it over the episode 1 srt filename. Repeat this copy&paste for each episode and you see how it starts to feel tedious.

I think this process could be automated with macros, scripts, etc. Or even a program, but I (surprisingly) haven't found such a thing that already exists and I'm a helpless newb with all those things. Maybe one does exist, but I haven't found one that makes sense to me.

Thanks for reading.

Try this : https://forum.opensubtitles.org/viewtop ... 891#p33891

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:40 am

Hi

Thanks for reading.

I recommend to try FileBot , ultimate TV Renamer and Subtitle Downloader.

corbindragon

Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:29 pm

Thanks to you both. Filebot is exactly what I was looking for. It's really even easier than I hoped for.

BRU is also a powerful tool, but I couldn't figure out how to get what I wanted in fewer steps than I was already performing.

Return to “General talk”