Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
artem.janus

Looking for English native speakers with experience in captioning with the time codes

Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:08 pm

Janus Worldwide, one of the leading localization companies in Eastern Europe, is looking for English native speakers experienced in captioning with the time codes for the upcoming captioning project.

Candidates, if you fit all the requierements listed below, please apply to the vendor manager's e-mail with your CV's and rates. [email address removed by Funchalense]

Requirements:

- Native speaker of English;
- PC advanced user;
- Good command of English;
- Experience in captioning with the time codes (.srt format)

Looking forward to your applications!

Martin1964

Re: Looking for English native speakers with experience in captioning with the time codes

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:05 pm

Forum rules
Under no circumstances is advertising of any kind allowed.

My fan-sub translations are priceless. I do certainly do not want to interfere with professional translators who make a living out of it.
Shame on you to try and by-pass them.

Just my two cents.

vankasteelj

Re: Looking for English native speakers with experience in captioning with the time codes

Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:39 am

I'm failing to see how this is advertising, they're not selling anything to a customer, they're hiring... Hence, I'm also failing to see how the idea of having here someone with above requirements that thinks/knows they can do it professionnaly is "shameful". It's called an opportunity.

Aaaaand finally, they're not looking for sub fan translators, so you shouldn't feel concerned at all.

(Just passing by, I've seen that offer hours ago but haven't replied because... I'm not concerned either.)

Martin1964

Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:15 am

If commercial companies -have a look at their website- coming to fan-subs fora as OS and asking for hiring people for translations, I consider that as advertising.

I feel a Mod or Admin should be the final judge on this type of threads.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Tue May 03, 2016 4:14 pm

These kind of threads come by every now and then. I don't think it is advertising, but I frown a bit upon the post containing info about what is expected, but not what is offered.

Do they want somebody for free? Then just post a request in the request section and don;t demand anything.
Do they want somebody cheap? If you offer little, you can't demand too much.
Do they want a professional for a commercial project? Agreed, go to the professionals and pay a professional fee.

Besides, dealing with them may involve a privacy risk. Only communicating through this forum thread or by PM (and thus subtitling for free) offers full privacy.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

Return to “General talk”