Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
suadnovic

Longest subtitle

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:56 am

About my subtitle
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... er-told-sr
I have some questions:
1) Is this Longest subtitle?
2) Do somewhere keep such records in terms of length?

I supose not, so I suggest, from the moment I admit a little selfish reasons, that the administration site tries to Guinness agreed with the introduction of the statistics compiled for the longest translation of the subtitle category Record. You must understand my desire that in 61 years just for a moment I'm on this list, if alive.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Longest subtitle

Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:17 pm

What do you mean by "longest"? I suppose number of lines (time units)?
As far as I know, for this there is no record or search filter possibility.
The only thing that comes near to what you want to know, is FILE SIZE of the subtitle, but this doesn't mean so much.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

suadnovic

Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Yes, I think on number of lines, which will be about 4800 at end (I'm still working on it).

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Yes, I think on number of lines, which will be about 4800 at end (I'm still working on it).
If that is the case, I BET you are still working on it.
Wow.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

suadnovic

Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:05 am

In this moment, subtitle have 4808 lines, but I have big problem with synchronization at the end (in place for part 26 with song).

suadnovic

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:14 pm

And I must ask for help, something strange is happening, Subtitle Workshop 2.51 doesn't accept new lines...
Several times I trayed to add line, at exemple,

ČEHOSLOVAČKA

then save as... to save,
but when open again subtitle, chenges are disapeared! God dammed! I can't figured what's going on!
Here is subtitle
https://www.mediafire.com/?75x9a1iptypnywi

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:44 am

I added a new line using SW 2.51 (installed) and also with SW 6 Portable. Both on Windows 7 64-bits.
No problem:

So I cannot reproduce it. The only thing I can think of, is that your version on your OS has a bug that occurs only in a very long subtitle. So maybe try another version or even drop SW...

suadnovic

Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:34 am

In have XP Pro SP3, and seems to be nothing of my intendend record. Small hope is
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3727 ... ost2398417

suadnovic

Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:52 pm

Ok, I do job with Subtitle Edit. Finally, ( I will check again) subtitle has 4895 lines, it can be corrected with better synchronisation on screen runing text, but I have no more nervs for this.

Return to “General talk”