Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
RillD

Can i remove OpenSubtile Talk?

Sat May 23, 2015 7:01 pm

Hy.

I have a problem/question. I have a not bad laptop with i3 cpu, 8GB ram, fiber internet, dedicated gpu etc... but this site is so slowly. I really like if you can make a feature in settings for disable OpenSubtitle Talk because it makes site so slow and useless. When it was not on site i think site was better, faster and simple.

What do you think about it? Sorry my english i try to improve it.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Can i remove OpenSubtile Talk?

Sat May 23, 2015 7:30 pm

Hy.

I have a problem/question. I have a not bad laptop with i3 cpu, 8GB ram, fiber internet, dedicated gpu etc... but this site is so slowly. I really like if you can make a feature in settings for disable OpenSubtitle Talk because it makes site so slow and useless. When it was not on site i think site was better, faster and simple.

I think it's not because of opensubtitle talk ( spot.im chat )

I'm in a "soft spot" pc :

Intel(R) Celeron(R) M
processor 1.50GHz
1.50 GHz 0.99 RAM :oops:
And the site is working well.

Try to clear your cookies and browsing data.

RillD

Sat May 23, 2015 8:02 pm

Hy.

I think it's not because of opensubtitle talk ( spot.im chat )

I'm in a "soft spot" pc :

Intel(R) Celeron(R) M
processor 1.50GHz
1.50 GHz 0.99 RAM :oops:
And the site is working well.

Try to clear your cookies and browsing data.
I use CCCleaner and its run daily or more. Maybe i am far from spot.im servers and this is reason or i don't know. Thanks for your reply. :)

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Sat May 23, 2015 8:45 pm

Hy.

If you are firefox user, use NoScript (it blocks the spot.im/OpenSubtitle Talk) and Adblock Edge, the site is much smoother to use.

RillD

Sat May 23, 2015 9:09 pm

Hy.

If you are firefox user, use NoScript (it blocks the spot.im/OpenSubtitle Talk) and Adblock Edge, the site is much smoother to use.
Thanks for advice but i use Chrome. I looked for something like these but dind't find good or similar. I try to configure current blocker extension maybe help to.

edit: well. problem solved. thank you for advice. I checked my blocker options and i found "social" section. I just checked this filter and that's all. Site speed is perfect (again) :)

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Sat May 23, 2015 9:15 pm

Hy.

Thanks for advice but i use Chrome. I looked for something like these but dind't find good or similar. I try to configure current blocker extension maybe help to.

edit: well. problem solved. thank you for advice. I checked my blocker options and i found "social" section. I just check this box and that's all. Site speed is perfect (again) :)

No problem, I am glad that I was able to "help".

Return to “General talk”