Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
mercurial6

used firebug to get transcript -- how to edit out HTML fast?

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:21 am

Hi!

I used firebug to get the transcript from yotube.

Looks like this:
transcript><text start="1.23" dur="3.56">one of the smallest and most densely
populated countries in the world</text><text start="4.79" dur="5.11">single is a breeze to explore nothing is
more than an hour away from the central</text><text start="9.9" dur="3.81">business district yes</text><text start="13.71" dur="5.229">home built at the crossroads a maritime
trading routes</text><text start="18.939" dur="5.641">for well over a century Singapore was
the jewel in prisons and higher</text><text start="24.58" dur="3.05">when the city became a republic in 1965</text><text start="27.63" dur="3.21">if you thought a country with so few
resources</text><text start="30.84" dur="5.35">and a vastly different ethnic groups
could succeed but succeed it has</text><text start="36.19" dur="4.09">

I want to use a text editor to remove everything in the brackets. I used to know how to do this -- specify terms to remove all instances of something but I can't remember.
Any ideas how to do this?

I found the Google2SRT tool didn't work or SERPsite.
Then I found this article: http://seperohacker.blogspot.ca/2014/04 ... pt-of.html

I just need to automate the removal of all the <text> and </text> tags. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: used firebug to get transcript -- how to edit out HTML f

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:00 pm

I don't know if I understand well - removing everything in the brackets will also remove all timing information...
But anyway:
1. Do an extended (all occurrences at-once) search of "</text>" and replace this with "</text></ br>"
Now it will be this:

Code: Select all

<text start="1.23" dur="3.56">one of the smallest and most densely populated countries in the world</text><br><text start="4.79" dur="5.11">single is a breeze to explore nothing is more than an hour away from the central</text><br><text start="9.9" dur="3.81">business district yes</text><br><text start="13.71" dur="5.229">home built at the crossroads a maritime trading routes</text><br><text start="18.939" dur="5.641">for well over a century Singapore was the jewel in prisons and higher</text><br><text start="24.58" dur="3.05">when the city became a republic in 1965</text><br><text start="27.63" dur="3.21">if you thought a country with so few resources</text><br><text start="30.84" dur="5.35">and a vastly different ethnic groups could succeed but succeed it has</text><br><text start="36.19" dur="4.09">
2. Open this file in a browser. It will show like this:

one of the smallest and most densely populated countries in the world single is a breeze to explore nothing is more than an hour away from the central business district yes home built at the crossroads a maritime trading routes for well over a century Singapore was the jewel in prisons and higher when the city became a republic in 1965 if you thought a country with so few resources and a vastly different ethnic groups could succeed but succeed it has
If you want to keep the breaks within one line, use "<p>" instead of "<br>" and replace all line feeds with a "<br>"
You will get

<text start="1.23" dur="3.56">one of the smallest and most densely<br>populated countries in the world</text><p><text start="4.79" dur="5.11">single is a breeze to explore nothing is<br>more than an hour away from the central</text><p><text start="9.9" dur="3.81">business district yes</text><p><text start="13.71" dur="5.229">home built at the crossroads a maritime<br>trading routes</text><p><text start="18.939" dur="5.641">for well over a century Singapore was<br>the jewel in prisons and higher</text><p><text start="24.58" dur="3.05">when the city became a republic in 1965</text><p><text start="27.63" dur="3.21">if you thought a country with so few<br>resources</text><p><text start="30.84" dur="5.35">and a vastly different ethnic groups<br>could succeed but succeed it has</text><p><text start="36.19" dur="4.09">
showing as

one of the smallest and most densely populated countries in the world single is a breeze to explore nothing is more than an hour away from the central business district yes home built at the crossroads a maritime trading routes for well over a century Singapore was the jewel in prisons and higher when the city became a republic in 1965 if you thought a country with so few resources and a vastly different ethnic groups could succeed but succeed it has
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

mercurial6

Re: used firebug to get transcript -- how to edit out HTML f

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:59 am

Thanks, SmallBrother
That is what I was asking about.
I just saw this today.
Thx much!

Return to “General talk”