Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
spiron

what do i do wrong?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:17 am

Hi first time here..I have the following question regarding uploading subtitles..As I understand when you upload a sub file you have to point to a movie file,so a hash to be created to link those two files for future use with external programs like MPC or SubDownloader..I tried to upload subtitles for a particular movie (anonymously before creating this account) using all of the three options you provide,but when I open the movie with MPC the subtitle doesn't appear in the download manager..What do I do wrong?..Thank you for your time

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: what do i do wrong?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:05 am

I think you have uploaded the subs manually, not with software. Then the hashcode is not present. Without the hashcode, the player software will not find the subs, it can only be found with a manual search. After a while hashcodes will be added by software of others using the subs, so eventually this problem is gone.

This is why subs preferably should be uploaded by software, so a hashcode is present from the start.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

spiron

Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:56 pm

Thank you for reply..What do you mean by software?..I use both subdownloader and the java applet in your site with no luck..Any other software to suggest?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 am

By software I meant anything except a manual upload using the upload form - for example subdownloader or the java applet...
So hm... this is weird.

Have you tried to find the subtitle by doing a manual search, I mean using the website for searching? A manual search will always find the subs, with or without hash code. Then please give the URL of one of the subs you are talking about. Like this we can find out if the subs were not uploaded at all, or if only the hash code is missing.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.

spiron

Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:05 am

Sorry it took me this long to reply..Using the manual search can't find the subtitle but when I used subdownloader and the java applet both "said" upload successful or something like that..In fact I tried several times to upload the same subtitle because of this but with no luck..I should also say that I am not registered to opensubtitles..

The long story is,I have a copy of a movie that mpc-hc cannot find subtitles in my language,but the subtitles here "http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... ovie-10614" are perfect match..So I download those,I made some minor changes, and tried to re-upload them linking them to my copy(so mpc could find them)..I think that I've read somewhere in your site that you do not accept duplicate subtitles,maybe that's the problem?..Any advice?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:01 am

If you cannot find the subs manually, they are not uploaded. So it is not the problem of the hash code present or not, nor the software which you use to search.

Duplicates are not wanted - they don't add anything, except more chaos ;-)
It could be that this is the reason why the subs are rejected.

Try this:
1. Make sure that the difference of your version subtitle is more than just one dot or space.
2. Don't upload anonymously, but as logged-in user.

spiron

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi again,I follow your instruction and uploading as a registered user definitely help(I tried again anonymously with no luck)..I managed to upload two subtitles which I can find both with manual search,but I had 50% success with mpc..The first one was shown instantly in mpc after the upload,the other one is still not showing (about an hour after upload)..I used the java applet for both of them..Should I re-upload or wait?..Thanks for your help

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:38 am

I don't think this case is a cache issue - but maybe just try again now. Anyway, it smells more to me like the hash code is missing for the one you cannot find with mpc.

Please tell me the URLs of the two subs you uploaded. And which one you can and which one you can not find with mpc.

spiron

Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:02 pm

I was about to upload again till I made a final check and now both subtitles appear through mpc..So it was a matter of time I believe and of course that I had to be registered..Anyway,thank you for your help..Also, sometimes I find subtitles through mpc for a movie that are completely wrong or for another movie entirely..Is there a process to unlink that movie with these subtitles?

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:03 am

I was about to upload again till I made a final check and now both subtitles appear through mpc..So it was a matter of time I believe and of course that I had to be registered..Anyway,thank you for your help..
Strange that it was matter of cache, but okay - problem solved :)
Also, sometimes I find subtitles through mpc for a movie that are completely wrong or for another movie entirely..Is there a process to unlink that movie with these subtitles?
This is a known - and big problem. Many subs are uploaded with the wrong hash. Only admins can unlink that.

Users can help, though. Please do. If you find a situation like this (or any other mistake in listing) you can report it with the report form on the web page of that particular subtitle. Click on the link "Correct subtitles" and you can fill out any correction. See also this forum post.

For a wrong hash, there is no specific field, but you can write an explaining comment. Make sure you include enough info, so admins know what to do. For example: "I found this subtitle with MPC for MovieBlabla.2014.Bluray.720p.YIFY.mp4 but timings are completely off."

spiron

Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:05 pm

Thanks SmallBrother,you were very helpful..

Return to “General talk”