Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
zaerdy

How to auto create timstamp sub for home video

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:30 am

Hey there!
Need help from the pros out here. What I want to do is to create a .srt with the date and time (hh:mm:ss) for a home video. Considering I want to second to change, well, every second, It would be a real pain in the .ass (see what I did there) to do it manually. Is there a way to make automate it in some way, like I manually enter the first one and the rest just create by itself?

Thank you guys!

hector

Re: How to auto create timstamp sub for home video

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:01 am

I guess subtitle editors are able to do this but I've only used Gaupol and I don't know how to do this with it.
I don't know why would anyone want to show a subtitle every second. I think this is not a very common thing.

If you know any programming language it is very easy to write a simple program to do it. Perl or even C.

chinajon

Re: How to auto create timstamp sub for home video

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Hey there!
Need help from the pros out here. What I want to do is to create a .srt with the date and time (hh:mm:ss) for a home video. Considering I want to second to change, well, every second, It would be a real pain in the .ass (see what I did there) to do it manually. Is there a way to make automate it in some way, like I manually enter the first one and the rest just create by itself?

Thank you guys!
Type out the subtitle in a simple text editor, line by line as you want it to appear in the subtitle. No numbers or time codes.
Open Aegisub. http://www.aegisub.org/
Drop the movie into Aegisub. It will load into a preview corner.
One subtitle line will appear in the subtitle window. 0:00:00.00 | 0:00:05.00 | 0 | Default |
In your text editor, SELECT ALL, and COPY

In Aegisub, click on the space below text and then paste your text.
Aegisub will give each line a 0:00:00.00 time-stamp. You can see the video on the left and the graphic of the sound in the right.
Play the movie until you reach the first location where the subs go. Stop. Click on the first line of text. Play the line in the movie. Note where it starts and stops in the sound graphic. Select that length of sound graphic. Click the green arrow below the sound graphic. Aegisub will put that time stamp on the first line of subs, and make a guess where the next line is. Click the Red Outlined Play Icon which is under the sound graphic to see what Aegisub thinks is the next sub. Correct it by selecting what you think is the sub and play again. When you have it the way you want it, (I like my subs to appear on screen before they are actually spoken) click the green arrow below the sound graphic.
Repeat.

Return to “General talk”